Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/35218-slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.html)

BigDiesel 08-27-2008 06:51 PM

Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Did everyone (shippers) decide to take a 6 day weekend ???

Oh well.... DH home from Spokane and irritate Mrs Diesel til next tuesday... :lol: :lol: :lol:

geomon 08-27-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

DH home from Spokane and irritate Mrs Diesel til next tuesday...
Eeegads man...what a blank canvas you threw out there BD....So any overheads planned with Mrs Diesel this weekend? How bout her lifters? Maybe a ....I gotta stop...this is too much a target rich environment :P

Enjoy the weekend!! Don't get your hands dir...ahh there I go again...

rgarthman1969 08-27-2008 08:46 PM

Well you know that she will be happy. :wink: Yea right. :) I guess if she can put up with you for that long I guess we can to. LMAO :lol: :lol:

Double R 08-27-2008 09:27 PM

Re: Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Did everyone (shippers) decide to take a 6 day weekend ???

Oh well.... DH home from Spokane and irritate Mrs Diesel til next tuesday... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's better then sitting in a truckstop doing nothing for six days :lol: :lol: .

GMAN 08-27-2008 10:27 PM

Things usually start to pick up after Labor Day. I heard fuel is going up about $0.22/gallon tomorrow. I suppose we shall see. After all, we do have a holiday weekend coming up.

Orangetxguy 08-27-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN
Things usually start to pick up after Labor Day. I heard fuel is going up about $0.22/gallon tomorrow. I suppose we shall see. After all, we do have a holiday weekend coming up.

AND a Hurrycane....don't forget the HURRYCANE that is comin to call.

GMAN 08-28-2008 12:09 AM

Well, if the hurricane is a strong one it should be good for business. Things usually pick up after a good hurricane. :wink:

rgarthman1969 08-28-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Well, if the hurricane is a strong one it should be good for business. Things usually pick up after a good hurricane. :wink:

I guess that is another way looking at it.

Hurrycane..LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orangetxguy 08-28-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgarthman1969
Quote:

I guess that is another way looking at it.

Hurrycane..LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

DOUBLE Trouble!!!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

We is getting two fer the pricing of one! Let's see K-Mart beat that deal with a stick...and their "Blue Light" special!!!

HURRY HURRY HURRYCANE !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"G"...you ready for your drought to end next week?

GMAN 08-28-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
HURRY HURRY HURRYCANE !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"G"...you ready for your drought to end next week?

I think it has already ended here. I am sure there is more to come. :D

geomon 08-28-2008 04:21 PM

Don't hurry too much there Hurrycane...

Most of my family is in LA (lower alabama)...we're keeping a "weather eye" out on Gustav, thats fo sho!!

Ivan really smacked the Alabama gulf beaches...they're still recovering down there and that happened the year BEFORE Katrina.

Orangetxguy 08-28-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geomon
Don't hurry too much there Hurrycane...

Most of my family is in LA (lower alabama)...we're keeping a "weather eye" out on Gustav, thats fo sho!!

Ivan really smacked the Alabama gulf beaches...they're still recovering down there and that happened the year BEFORE Katrina.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON !!! DANGER DANGER DANGER !!!!

We can go for years and years....and not ever ever mention that silly episode in American history!!!

Shame on you for bringing it up!

I don't want to hear about New Orleans this year!!!

geomon 08-28-2008 06:09 PM

Too late: KATRINA-KATRINA-KATRINA :P

I just want to know who picked THAT PARTICULAR part of the swamp back in the Spanish days and said....yep this here swamp is better that that there swamp...I thnk I'll start a town here :roll:

They took the London Bridge out...maybe they should relocate the French Quarter to Arizona as well. :P Then we can let the rest of that buggy-humid swamp/city recede back into the goo.

BigDiesel 08-28-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Amen !!! I made incredible money hauling relief supplies to N.O. and Beaumont, TX.

Orangetxguy 08-28-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:

Amen !!! I made incredible money hauling relief supplies to N.O. and Beaumont, TX.

Well durn....Shoot me yer cell number in a PM......If you get to shag this way with more supplies.......I'll give you specific information where to stop first.............about 45 miles east of Ford Park!!!

Prime rib, Meaty beef ribs, Non-Tyson chicken, maybe some fresh salmon...and propane...lot's of propane.... would need to be on the supply list. Nobody up there knows how to make decent Boudin...so that is out...........just have to hope Zummi's don't get clobbered again.

rgarthman1969 08-28-2008 09:08 PM

Looks like all the information that they have says is heading between Morgan City and Houma, LA. But we know how that will change 100 more times.

Orangetxguy 08-28-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Looks like all the information that they have says is heading between Morgan City and Houma, LA. But we know how that will change 100 more times.

Morgan city is what ..50 air miles from NOLA...and the worst place to be in the storm...50 to 100 miles from the eastern most eye wall.

Here where I am...Katrina didn't even give us rain...but Rita..she passed directly over town. Beaumont to the west got hammered pretty good.....but Cameron.. 55 miles east of Sabine Pass.... Holly Beach...45 miles east..and the little bayou villages....."Poof"..gone in a huff and a puff.

Sorta like Bay St. Louis and that area..."POOF"...gone.....with Katrina.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: But all we ever hear about & see is NOLA.

geomon 08-28-2008 10:37 PM

Ahhh now I see...Katrina envy. Rita will be the winning answer on some trivia game show in the future...name the "other" big hurricane that year. Yep I feel your pain with Chocalate City.

rgarthman1969 08-29-2008 11:59 AM

Yep NOLA is a place I dont want to be next week. I am sure that we will get people up in Missouri from down there in that eare to ride the storm out.

rgarthman1969 08-29-2008 12:29 PM

Projections keep drifting westerly. Lake Charles appears to be near projected landfall. Hold on tight as it will change everyday.

Orangetxguy 08-29-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Projections keep drifting westerly. Lake Charles appears to be near projected landfall. Hold on tight as it will change everyday.

Sigh........Yep...looks like I better spend today and tomorrow getting things in waterproof containers.

rgarthman1969 08-29-2008 02:49 PM

Yea, It looks like it will get bad there next week.

Bumper 08-29-2008 02:51 PM

I hauled food into NOLA about a month after Katrina and I dont think the city could look any worse than it did back then.....

Good luck to you guys down there!!!