Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   DOT Sticker (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34656-dot-sticker.html)

RostyC 07-18-2008 05:53 PM

DOT Sticker

Where are you guys putting your yearly DOT sticker?
I'm going to place mine on the truck today but wasn't sure where to put it, other than the passenger side.
Passenger side under the passenger door was what I was thinking.
I'd like to stick it in the glove box though, that thing is ugly. It's the good kind that's laminated but geezuz. That would just bring unwanted attention though.

Also, with lettering the truck it looks like all I need is company name and dot number, not both DOT and MC#. I guess KYU as well. What do you think?

Also, are two inch letters the norm?

I put my reflective tape on the rear of the sleeper today, you can tell I'm a contractor, I had my square and pencil out even cut the tape using a knife and speed square. Hell if it was a little darker I would've broke out my lasers. :lol: :lol:

hoohaa 07-18-2008 07:15 PM

You don't need to display your KY any longer.

DOT sticker?..You mean IFTA?

Rev.Vassago 07-18-2008 07:33 PM

Re: DOT Sticker

Quote:

Originally Posted by RostyC
Where are you guys putting your yearly DOT sticker?
I'm going to place mine on the truck today but wasn't sure where to put it, other than the passenger side.
Passenger side under the passenger door was what I was thinking.

You should have two IFTA stickers. The best place to put them is under the doors.

Quote:

I'd like to stick it in the glove box though, that thing is ugly. It's the good kind that's laminated but geezuz. That would just bring unwanted attention though.
Yeah - they are green this year, which looks nasty.

Quote:

Also, with lettering the truck it looks like all I need is company name and dot number, not both DOT and MC#. I guess KYU as well. What do you think?
Company name, city and state, and USDOT number (and you must put "US DOT" before the number)

9200IH 07-18-2008 07:45 PM

If you are talking your Annual Inspection sticker I put mine on the drivers side door jam. It is out of the weather and sun and you don't see it. On my trailers I put them on the inside of the tool box doors.

Never had any problems from the DOT with either.

RostyC 07-18-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9200IH
If you are talking your Annual Inspection sticker I put mine on the drivers side door jam. It is out of the weather and sun and you don't see it. On my trailers I put them on the inside of the tool box doors.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I was told I *might* have problems if it's not in the open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
You should have two IFTA stickers. The best place to put them is under the doors.

I have a plate on both sides of the sleeper for IFTA stickers but I might put them under the doors on each side.

Are two inch letters pretty standard? seems you should be able to see that from 50 feet. That's what the trucks I've seen seem to use but I can't get close enough at highway speeds to whip out my tape measure. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoohaa
DOT sticker?..You mean IFTA?

My fault, I should have said yearly inspection sticker.

Rev.Vassago 07-18-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RostyC
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9200IH

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I was told I *might* have problems if it's not in the open.

Ahhh. The ugly inspection sticker. I put mine on the inside of my passenger side fairing. I've seen a lot of trucks where it is on the rear of the sleeper on the driver's side.

Quote:

Are two inch letters pretty standard? seems you should be able to see that from 50 feet. That's what the trucks I've seen seem to use but I can't get close enough at highway speeds to whip out my tape measure. :lol:
Yeah, 2 inches is pretty much normal. Mine are smaller though (until a DOT cop hassles me about them)

RostyC 07-18-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Ahhh. The ugly inspection sticker. I put mine on the inside of my passenger side fairing. I've seen a lot of trucks where it is on the rear of the sleeper on the driver's side.

I don't have fairings. Perhaps I'll stick it underneath truck or better yet on the inside wall of one of the steer tires. :lol:
I was happy the other day when I got my MD state inspection (so it can be tagged) and my DOT inspection (two for one deal at that) but when he handed me the sticker I was like "Oh Hell no" :shock: It's even filled out with black magic marker, they could have at least be typed or something geez.

mike3fan 07-18-2008 08:32 PM

inspection sticker inside on cubby hole door,ifta on vent windows,2in letters are fine.

no_worries 07-18-2008 09:42 PM

Ditto what Mike said, inside the sidebox door. You hardly need anything for signage anymore; just company name and Dot number. No city or state, no MC, no state numbers...much cleaner.

RostyC 07-18-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
inspection sticker inside on cubby hole door,ifta on vent windows,2in letters are fine.

Good idea thank you. Your talking about the door just below your sleeper window in your pic? just to make sure. That's what I'm doing.

Thanks everyone.