Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Favorite places in the trucking universe (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34502-favorite-places-trucking-universe.html)

lowrange 07-06-2008 02:22 PM

Favorite places in the trucking universe

I'm heading to Wendover, NV. I'm going to get there a day early so that I can hit the prime rib and cheesecake buffet twice before I have to roll again. Happy,happy, joy, joy. I like to get in a jog over there, too- free showers! :D [/i]

tweety bird 07-07-2008 02:52 AM

Wendover has always been one of my favorite truck stops (not truck stop, but place to stop the truck).

I also always liked stopping at Little America, Wyoming.

lowrange 07-07-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweety bird
Wendover has always been one of my favorite truck stops (not truck stop, but place to stop the truck).

I also always liked stopping at Little America, Wyoming.

Little America is nice to look at. Really, it' just a beautiful place in the middle of nowhere. I don't know that I've ever stopped though. What's actually there?

geeshock 07-07-2008 06:07 AM

I stopped at a place on us 395 called the topaz lodge ones b4, I realy enjoyed that. It's not a truck stop but it's on the Nv/Ca border, good food, nice view. Postcards would never do the place justice.

tweety bird 07-07-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrange
Little America is nice to look at. Really, it' just a beautiful place in the middle of nowhere. I don't know that I've ever stopped though. What's actually there?

It's just a nice truck stop. I haven't stopped there in years, though. It's possible it went down hill. But their shower rooms are pretty amazing. I've never gotten a room there. But I always liked their truckers lounge area (different building from where they let the "normal" people go... haha).

BanditsCousin 07-07-2008 07:27 PM

I spent a good 24 hrs there sat night. ood tmes. Tables treated me poorly.

NotSteve 07-07-2008 08:23 PM

I stop at Little America all the time when I pass by. The drivers lounge has huge leather couches and chairs and a big plasma screen. The kitchen window serves really good food and rotisserie chicken with all the fixings. The breakfast is A #1 also.

It is still a very classy and well kept place and the showers are like your at a 5 star Hilton.

I vote it the best truck stop in the U.S.

lowrange 07-07-2008 09:55 PM

I stopped at Little America but since I had already eaten, I just looked around. Yeah, the area for the abnormal people, the grill, the lounge, looks quite nice.. I got my jog in here just west of SLC, after I get these shocks changed, prime rib and raspberry cheesecake!