Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   A day in the life of a hobby trucker (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34351-day-life-hobby-trucker.html)

Kranky 06-29-2008 01:44 AM

Your engine is getting tired.

Worn piston rings and liners, resulting in high crankcase pressure, forcing oil mist out the breather tube when under heavy load/ high boost conditions.

The oil mist then gets blown back onto the underside of the truck as you drive at highway speed.

Heavy Duty 06-29-2008 01:48 AM

I would but I may forget to get dressed on the way from the TS shower to the bed. Besides I'm old and spoiled, you quit hauling that cheap freight you could afford your own.

Besides it;s not that great, you still have to get water and find a place to dump your toilet, I have know idea what the poets are writing on SH walls, the freezer will only hold 2 cartons of ice cream, I have to clean my own coffee maker, the Tempur Pedic mattress is heavy when I put it up to use the table, I could go on and on but you can see it ain't all peaches and cream... wait I think there may be some in the refrigerator :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rev.Vassago 06-29-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Duty
I would but I may forget to get dressed on the way from the TS shower to the bed. Besides I'm old and spoiled, you quit hauling that cheap freight you could afford your own.

Yeah, I gotta stop running those cheap ass military loads. To quote Michael Corleone, "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!"

Quote:

Besides it;s not that great, you still have to get water
You seem to have that one down quite nicely.

Quote:

and find a place to dump your toilet,
Just eliminate the holding tank. Problem solved.

Quote:

I have know idea what the poets are writing on SH walls,
"For a good time, call Twilight Flyer. www.classadrivers.com"

Quote:

the freezer will only hold 2 cartons of ice cream,
OMG you are roughing it.

Quote:

I have to clean my own coffee maker,
Hire a maid. Pay her by the mile.

Quote:

the Tempur Pedic mattress is heavy when I put it up to use the table,
Eat in bed. Damn I'm a problem solver.

Quote:

I could go on and on but you can see it ain't all peaches and cream... wait I think there may be some in the refrigerator :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah, rub it in.

Rev.Vassago 06-29-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splitshifter

Worn piston rings and liners, resulting in high crankcase pressure, forcing oil mist out the breather tube when under heavy load/ high boost conditions.

The oil mist then gets blown back onto the underside of the truck as you drive at highway speed.

Yet another reason to avoid buying a used truck. I see an overhaul in Steve's future.

Heavy Duty 06-29-2008 03:19 AM

Rev, I may need your problem solving, what to do for 2 weeks while the truck is in the paint shop, and if I post a picture of the results will I become famous?

Rev.Vassago 06-29-2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Duty
Rev, I may need your problem solving, what to do for 2 weeks while the truck is in the paint shop,

Come up with a million other projects for the truck. I suggest re-doing the entire interior.

Quote:

and if I post a picture of the results will I become famous?
Only if you take a picture of it parked next to mine. :lol:

NotSteve 06-29-2008 06:13 AM

It's not the blow by hose that's spitting out the oil. That was my first inclination so I bought a 6' hose and connector and ran it in back of the engine and still no fix.

I do plan to have the engine rebuilt but not for at least another 300,000 or so. It runs strong and no problems since I've owned it other than small stuff.

My blood pressure was only borderline high and by some standards is not high at all. It's now pretty much always 117/75 or around there. My doctor wants to try cutting off the meds to see if I need them anymore. He attributes my elevated BP to my previous job and now it's always perfect and may not need those little pills anymore.

Well, it's around 2am and time to hit the road soon. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. It's about 50 outside and perfect for sleeping with the windows open. I wonder what dead animals I'll see or kill today driving through Wyoming!!!!!

Rev.Vassago 06-29-2008 06:16 AM

Kill some raccoons please.

NotSteve 06-29-2008 09:17 AM

Stopped to make coffee after my 150 miles. Saw a porcupine walking on the side of the road. I let him live.

For once I have a nice steady tail wind heading up Rt 25. It's like I'm not even moving without hearing the rushing wind pass me.

Once I hit Canada after Edmonton heading to Fort McMurray I'm gonna be OUT THERE for sure. Not sure what to expect for roads but it sure doesn't look like a highway.

Kranky 06-29-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotSteve

For once I have a nice steady tail wind

Now the oil will be blown all over the front of your truck. :lol: