Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Fuel Discount Cards (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34207-fuel-discount-cards.html)

4GIVEN 06-09-2008 02:01 AM

Fuel Discount Cards

I am looking into different fuel discount cards available. Anyone have any opinions on which is the best?

Rev.Vassago 06-09-2008 02:30 AM

Re: Fuel Discount Cards

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4GIVEN
I am looking into different fuel discount cards available. Anyone have any opinions on which is the best?

I love my Comdata card. I fueled yesterday at the TA in Perrysburg, OH, and the cash price was $4.699. I paid $4.205 per gallon with my Comdata card. 8)

mike3fan 06-09-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

I love my Comdata card. I fueled yesterday at the TA in Perrysburg, OH, and the cash price was $4.699. I paid $4.205 per gallon with my Comdata card. 8)

and if it's like the way Landstar used to operate they probably paid $4.05 for it.just sayin 8)

GMAN 06-10-2008 11:12 AM

There are several fuel cards available. Unfortunately, if you are a small carrier, there are not a lot of discounts available. EFS, Fleet One (Trans-platinum), Comdata, T-Check and TCH are some of the major cards that are available. If you are leased to a major carrier, some offer discounts to their owner operators. Of course, most keep about 1/2 of the actual discount. If you are a member of OOIDA you can apply for a Truckers-advantage card. It is a Fleet One card. There are some small discounts at some fuel stops but there are no transaction fees for fuel purchases. Most fuel cards charge a transaction fee every time you use it.

There are some credit cards that offer discounts up to 5% for fuel purchases. The down side to those are that you will usually pay from $0.06-0.10/gallon more for the privilege. With fuel costs nearing $5/gallon it might be worth considering.

coastie 06-14-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN
T If you are a member of OOIDA you can apply for a Truckers-advantage card. It is a Fleet One card.

The last lady I worked for was lease to a company that used Fleet One. they charged her $6.25 each use. If I wanted to get her blood boiling again, I could tell her that Fleet one does not charge. But nope I would not.

GMAN 06-14-2008 05:07 PM

That is a very high per use fee, coastie. The regular Fleet One or Trans Platinum card may have a transaction fee. The one that is available through OOIDA doesn't have a fee. You do pay for each check used, however.

Rev.Vassago 06-14-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

and if it's like the way Landstar used to operate they probably paid $4.05 for it.just sayin 8)

Unlikely, considering the TA program is "cost plus". I pay $0.02 per gallon above the cost that TA is paying. Landstar is not the only carrier who is using this program. I doubt TA is giving the fuel to Landstar below cost.