Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   A question about Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/33416-question-about-drivers.html)

katipsord2 04-11-2008 05:15 PM

A question about Drivers

Hi!

My name is Kim and I am starting a company that will have service for Owner Operators. (I won't mention what the service is because I don't want to violate the terms of this forum and I really need the help of owner operators)

My question to all of you is...where is the best place to advertise to reach owner operators?

I know a few owner operators but they were mixed on where to go. I heard that Truck stops are good place but I am not sure where to start, who to talk to and if truckers really read what is left there. One said to buy a CB but I feel that is like jumping in on someone elses conversation. Another said to contact the companies that hire.

I found a national organization for owner operators and I am in the process of joining it. I know that they have a magazine but I need to know who reads it!

Thanks to anyone who helps...

BigDiesel 04-11-2008 05:39 PM

Must be a full moon.... :lol:

At least this OP can spell and properly structure a sentence.....

9200IH 04-11-2008 07:08 PM

Keep chasing people away Big Diesel. You and our friendly moderator are getting good at it.

BigDiesel 04-11-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9200IH
Keep chasing people away Big Diesel. You and our friendly moderator are getting good at it.

LMAO 9200IH....

Twilight Flyer 04-11-2008 08:31 PM

Al right, I confess. I'm trying to drive everyone away from this site...I admit it. Either goosestep to my drumbeat or beat it!

8)

Seriously, to the OP. You're not going to violate any rules by asking questions regarding the service. Just don't fall into the trap the last poster did by asking questions and at the same time advertising for the services. The questions are allowed and encouraged...it's the actual advertising in sig lines and posts which are frowned upon. If it is advertising that has not been cleared with the site owners, it's considered as spam and treated as such.

As far as what your services are, feel free to ask drivers here if what you intend to offer has merit. There's a lot of O/O's on this site...some will be helpful and other's will not. That's simply the nature of a messageboard. Driver's also do not sugarcoat things, so expect some negative feedback and roll with it.

OOIDA also has a messageboard, though I am not certain what the board rules are over there. But here, feel free to ask your questions.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to work driving people away from C.A.D. It's a tiresome job, but someone has to do it.

:twisted:

Fredog 04-11-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Al right, I confess. I'm trying to drive everyone away from this site...I admit it. Either goosestep to my drumbeat or beat it!

8)

Seriously, to the OP. You're not going to violate any rules by asking questions regarding the service. Just don't fall into the trap the last poster did by asking questions and at the same time advertising for the services. The questions are allowed and encouraged...it's the actual advertising in sig lines and posts which are frowned upon. If it is advertising that has not been cleared with the site owners, it's considered as spam and treated as such.

As far as what your services are, feel free to ask drivers here if what you intend to offer has merit. There's a lot of O/O's on this site...some will be helpful and other's will not. That's simply the nature of a messageboard. Driver's also do not sugarcoat things, so expect some negative feedback and roll with it.

OOIDA also has a messageboard, though I am not certain what the board rules are over there. But here, feel free to ask your questions.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to work driving people away from C.A.D. It's a tiresome job, but someone has to do it.
How do you afford the gas??

Crash935 04-11-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
How do you afford the gas??

He gets a Fuel Surcharge!!!!

Twilight Flyer 04-11-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

He gets a Fuel Surcharge!!!!
Yeah, but I can't tell you what it is or I'd have to smack ya. :)

NotSteve 04-12-2008 08:57 AM

And then there was none.

jokerpop 04-12-2008 11:51 AM

Re: A question about Drivers

[quote="katipsord2"]Hi!

My name is Kim and I am starting a company that will have service for Owner Operators. (I won't mention what the service is because I don't want to violate the terms of this forum and I really need the help of owner operators)

My question to all of you is...where is the best place to advertise to reach owner operators?

I know a few owner operators but they were mixed on where to go. I heard that Truck stops are good place but I am not sure where to start, who to talk to and if truckers really read what is left there. One said to buy a CB but I feel that is like jumping in on someone elses conversation. Another said to contact the companies that hire.

I found a national organization for owner operators and I am in the process of joining it. I know that they have a magazine but I need to know who reads it!

Thanks to anyone who helps...[/quo

Kim why not go with the owner operators you know and the word will get out. Also you can put a add in the Truck paper and The Trucker,they are free at truck stops.
Good Luck.