Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Hello all.... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/33389-hello-all.html)

b00m 04-09-2008 07:44 PM

Hello all....

I've been visiting this forum for a few days now and i'm excited on how many things i could learn from reading from other's experiences.

A little about myself is that i just started in the O/O arena.Only 24 years old and had my cdl for about 2 years.Served in the military for about 3 and a half years and still serving in the national guard here in AZ.I juggle the trucking business/family life and national guard stuff.I love the trucking business and even with it's ups and downs i believe there is still hope for it to make a good living.What i'm looking from you guys is to learn as much as possible and hopefully without to many mistakes from my own. Had a quite great experience when i worked for swift for a few months.Not that i got fired by them ,but i resigned when i was making around $200 a week even with all my best efforts to make more miles from them.That's quite a story to tell for another time ,tough.

Anyways, what i was looking for is what's the best way for a F.N.G. to be able to deal with a broker so that i will be able to get his business and not haul for cheap so it will hurt me and others.In other words what's the best selling point in something like this.???? :?:

More will follow as i will be looking to participate as much as i can in this great forum.
TY and God Bless :D

jokerpop 04-10-2008 01:17 AM

Re: Hello all....

Quote:

Originally Posted by b00m
I've been visiting this forum for a few days now and i'm excited on how many things i could learn from reading from other's experiences.

A little about myself is that i just started in the O/O arena.Only 24 years old and had my cdl for about 2 years.Served in the military for about 3 and a half years and still serving in the national guard here in AZ.I juggle the trucking business/family life and national guard stuff.I love the trucking business and even with it's ups and downs i believe there is still hope for it to make a good living.What i'm looking from you guys is to learn as much as possible and hopefully without to many mistakes from my own. Had a quite great experience when i worked for swift for a few months.Not that i got fired by them ,but i resigned when i was making around $200 a week even with all my best efforts to make more miles from them.That's quite a story to tell for another time ,tough.

Anyways, what i was looking for is what's the best way for a F.N.G. to be able to deal with a broker so that i will be able to get his business and not haul for cheap so it will hurt me and others.In other words what's the best selling point in something like this.???? :?:

More will follow as i will be looking to participate as much as i can in this great forum.
TY and God Bless :D

Hello back at you. Best thing to do is just keep reading and doing your home work. Whats a ( FNG) ?

Ridge Runner 04-10-2008 09:00 AM

FNG = F#$%^&G new guy :wink:

b00m 04-10-2008 08:43 PM

There you go someone knows what it is :)