Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   From hauling desks to Landstar's authority Part 1 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/32783-hauling-desks-landstars-authority-part-1-a.html)

Colin 04-13-2008 01:36 AM

That's cool

Way back when, I delivered a load of 3/4 minus to the Tom Cruise produced Steve Prefontaine movie.

Yay!

Orangetxguy 04-13-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin
That's cool

Way back when, I delivered a load of 3/4 minus to the Tom Cruise produced Steve Prefontaine movie.

Yay!

Was that the one made in Tacoma??

Colin 04-13-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

That's cool

Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy

No. Eugene, Oregon.

Orangetxguy 04-13-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That's cool

Yay!

Quote:

No. Eugene, Oregon.

Ok...I know they shot a bunch of stuff concerning a Prefontaine movie in Tacoma a few years back.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119937/locations

Colin 04-13-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That's cool

Yay!

Quote:

No. Eugene, Oregon.

Ok...I know they shot a bunch of stuff concerning a Prefontaine movie in Tacoma a few years back.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119937/locations[/quote]

[quote="Orangetxguy"]

The one shot in Eugene was the other one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119934/locations

Orangetxguy 04-15-2008 09:42 AM

Sooooooooooo Rev....anything new and exciting in the Land of Star???

Rev.Vassago 04-15-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Sooooooooooo Rev....anything new and exciting in the Land of Star???

LOL

I'm at home right now, the truck is in the shop for the next day or so. Getting a ton of stuff done to it before my truck warranty expires in June. I'll be heading down to the body shop on Wednesday to take some pictures of the progress on my parts, and finalize everything.

My agent who deals with the military stuff is already calling me, which is a good sign. I told them that I would be ready to head out later this week, and they said they should have no problem getting me a load out of Oshkosh heading back to PA.

The agent who I hauled the movie stuff for called me asking me if I would haul all the equipment back to Chicago on Wednesday. I told him my truck was in the shop. When I delivered the stuff to the set on Sunday, the guy in charge asked me the same thing. Apparently, they don't like dealing with too many people on this stuff. I pity whoever is picking it up if they don't have any HHG experience, because I had to run through a lot of alleys and back parking lots full of cars backwards to get in there. :lol:

Once the truck is done, I'll be back out for a few weeks, then I'll be off for about 2 weeks while the truck is at the body shop. During that time, I have to take something called a "CABS" class down in Rockford for Landstar. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but supposedly I get paid to go to it (which I'm sure it will pay next to nothing). If it were up to me, I wouldn't take it, but it is required.

I'm still waiting to get my hazmat endorsement. I'm supposed to have it by the 28th of this month, but it hasn't shown up yet. I'm starting to get antsy about it now. I was really hoping it would show up while I was home this time, since I won't be home again until the 1st of May.

Heavy Duty 04-15-2008 02:31 PM

I think CABS pays 200 or250, they put it on your card that day, you also get a free lunch.

Chiefwhatdahey 04-16-2008 01:31 AM

CABS is a safety class, you get to watch movies and slide shows then take a test to see what you missed. They do give some good info but for the most part it's bullchips.

I get to retake CABS during the BCO hootenanny in Rockford, WOOHOO! :lol:

Rev.Vassago 04-16-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefwhatdahey
CABS is a safety class, you get to watch movies and slide shows then take a test to see what you missed. They do give some good info but for the most part it's bullchips.

I get to retake CABS during the BCO hootenanny in Rockford, WOOHOO! :lol:

I guess there is some business class that is offered in the afternoon on the second day. Since I have the time, I will attend. I want to laugh at them, since my "BCO advisor" called me about a week ago to congratulate me on earning $1000 per week to the truck. I had to point out to him that I have been averaging over $4000 per week to the truck, at which point he got real quiet :lol:

The truck is finished, and I will be picking it up tomorrow morning and heading out on Thursday or Friday, depending on when they can get me a load out of Oshkosh. The bill was a lot less than I was expecting, and was right around where I hoped it would be. All coolant leaks have supposedly been fixed, and I sure as heck hope so - the coolant system on this truck has been a thorn in my side since day one. I'll be taking it back in some time in June to have them give it a "once over", since my Peterbilt extended warranty expires at the end of June. I certainly don't regret buying a new truck with a new truck warranty. That extended warranty I purchased has already paid for itself several times over. I just wish there wasn't a time limit on the warranty, as I am only sitting at 177,000 miles right now. It would be nice to be able to keep that warranty until I hit 300,000 miles (it was a 3 year, 300,000 mile warranty).