Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   NoBody plans on getting cheated, or the slow times. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/32225-nobody-plans-getting-cheated-slow-times.html)

2 02-06-2008 05:51 AM

NoBody plans on getting cheated, or the slow times.

From another thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN
I am sorry to hear about the problems in your business, Joymax. I hope things work out for you. There will always be ups and downs in business. Both are just regular cycles we must endure.

Unfortunately, we are currently in a down cycle. It is only a matter of time when things turn around. We prepare for the down cycles during good times so that we can survive and prosper regardless of what is going on in the rest of the world.

Rates are likely to be soft for at least the next couple of months, if not longer. I expect the year to be off from a year or two ago. We go through these every several years. When things get tight we must become more creative in how we conduct our business.

I didn't want to hijack Joymax's thread, and this bears repeating.

The slow times should be planned for, when you try to figure what it cost per mile, per day, per week, per month, ect.
I've said that the cost to run a truck is $1.70 a mile, and really, that is too low. It will be different for everybody, depending on dead head, idle time, collections, ect.

Another thing nobody plans for, is getting cheated.
It happens to company drivers, flease operators, O/O's and carriers.
It has always been a ruthless business.

What is your trucking objective?
Take a look at talented Freight Broker: The Freight Trainer, conversing with potential customers:

This is his profile page. You can click the link on the left, to see the entire conversation.
http://www.indeed.com/forum/profile/thefreighttrainer

Phil Scott's web site: He sells broker training.
http://www.freighttraining.com

Looks like you sell your soul, to survive as a broker...
An excerpt:
Quote:

$30 per shipment, that is way too low! I make an average of $150 per pallet on LTL. I just moved (3) pallets out of South Dakota and made $900. On LTL shipments it is my general rule to make at a very bare minimum 45% of the freight charge. If you are a dedicated LTL broker, you should be pulling down $3000 weekly at a minimum.

DD60 02-06-2008 05:56 AM

I've said that the cost to run a truck is $1.70 a mile, and really, that is too low.

Please break that down and explain in further detail. If that is the case than Bigdiesel and Stevebooth only paid themselves 10k for the year. :lol:

BigDiesel 02-06-2008 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD60
Please break that down and explain in further detail. If that is the case than Bigdiesel and Stevebooth only paid themselves 10k for the year. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Bring back Triple Digit Bob its been awhile. He is the best Mult you have !!

02-06-2008 07:23 AM

What is a Mult?

Teal 95 KW 02-06-2008 08:52 AM

im assuming its basically a troll, or fake "multiple" username for the purpose of talking e-shit.

wesross 02-06-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
im assuming its basically a troll, or fake "multiple" username for the purpose of talking e-$&!+.

Sound good, I'm going to go with that and just hope I'm right. :D

Triple Digit Bob 02-06-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:

Originally Posted by DD60

:lol: :lol:

Bring back Triple Digit Bob its been awhile. He is the best Mult you have !!

You still gay? :lol: What you want from me? I am in Hungary trying to fixz my fart problem. I no have license to drive truck rightz now. I try to find woman for team drive or somezing like that. I have to fix problem first,Ok. :D

Teal 95 KW 02-06-2008 08:12 PM

are you asking if he is still gay, in hopes he will say yes and help resolve your lonely issues? you don't have to fix your farting problems, just don't let a future team driver know about them then surprise them with late night treats from the dutch oven :)

Triple Digit Bob 02-06-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

are you asking if he is still gay, in hopes he will say yes and help resolve your lonely issues? you don't have to fix your farting problems, just don't let a future team driver know about them then surprise them with late night treats from the dutch oven :)

No,you don't understandz. This Bigdiesel guy keep sending me private message saying he like me and want to team drive. :shock: I tell him no I only like woman. If he iz gay he will have fun with this vassago guy that iz alwayz here. :lol: I lost lot of beautiful woman because of fart problem. :sad: I have to fix it before I come back to America,Ok. :D

tootie04 02-07-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple Digit Bob
Quote:

No,you don't understandz. This Bigdiesel guy keep sending me private message saying he like me and want to team drive. :shock: I tell him no I only like woman. If he iz gay he will have fun with this vassago guy that iz alwayz here. :lol: I lost lot of beautiful woman because of fart problem. :sad: I have to fix it before I come back to America,Ok. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: