Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Considering going O/O (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/31649-considering-going-o-o.html)

Mr C 01-05-2008 11:56 AM

Considering going O/O

Company Driver considering going O/O.
Question?
What software program(s) would you recommend for tracking expenses.
Fixed ( Truck & Personnel),, variable ( Truck & Personnel). Where you plug in you CPM, Fuel surge Charge, etc. etc.

Besides what software recommendation also the costs for software?

Thanks in advance.
MR C

Paul McGraw 01-05-2008 11:59 AM

I just use a spreadsheet. You really don't need anything complicated with just one truck.

mike3fan 01-05-2008 12:52 PM

I use www.dieselboss.com but as Paul said it isn't necessary,cost less than 30$

GMAN 01-05-2008 01:05 PM

It depends on what you want from your software. Most don't have payroll in their programs. If you run your authority you will need a different type of software than if you lease to a carrier. I have TrucknPro and Easy Trucking. I like the simplicity of TrucknPro. It is a good program for the owner operator who is leased to a carrier. It should do most anything you want other than the fuel taxes. The new version will do the IFTA reports, but you will still need to do the calculations. They just raised the price on their new version. www.foglinesoftware.com is their website. Easy Trucking will do everything including the fuel taxes, but you will need to manually put in the tax rates each quarter. I believe the cost for up to 5 trucks is about $150. I believe www.easytrucking.com is their website. Load Ledger makes a good program. I also like Truckers Helper. It is a bit more complex but will also do your payroll calculations, IFTA, etc.,. They have several versions depending on your requirements. Their website is www.truckershelper.com. Most of these software companies have either an online demo or free trial.

Mr C 01-06-2008 01:30 PM

MR C Thanks you

Paul, Mike & GMAN

Thank you for your quick & informative suggestion's. I looked a all you suggested. They all have there plus & minus's and all will do the requirements a single O/O will require very well. All have the bells & whistles required. Of course now is review again time and make the decision of what one to order.
Thanks again
MR C

mike3fan 01-06-2008 01:35 PM

Re: MR C Thanks you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr C
Paul, Mike & GMAN

Thank you for your quick & informative suggestion's. I looked a all you suggested. They all have there plus & minus's and all will do the requirements a single O/O will require very well. All have the bells & whistles required. Of course now is review again time and make the decision of what one to order.
Thanks again
MR C

after reviewing the Blue Man Group's suggestions,I am gonna order that trukinpro7

RostyC 01-06-2008 07:51 PM

That truckin pro 7 is an impressive program.