Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Good Shops in Chattanoog TN open on Saturday? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/30314-good-shops-chattanoog-tn-open-saturday.html)

Papa Rick 10-21-2007 04:06 AM

Good Shops in Chattanoog TN open on Saturday?

Anyone know of a couple of good reliable shops in Chattanooga TN. I took my 03 KW W900L to the KW Dealership today and had them flush out the Cooling System. Super nice people, but little pricey on the bill I think:

Flush Cooling System and Replace Antifreeze.

Labor Total 180.00 2 hrs at 90.00 per hour.

I am wanting to find someone that is open on Saturdays if possible that can work on the newer engines. I had a great shop just 10 miles from my house, did excellent work and only charged 35 per hour, but they have no computer to read the codes.

Also anyone know where I can get a copy of the grease places on my KW.

On my FTRL, I went to their website and downloaded and had no problems.

GMAN 10-21-2007 01:20 PM

KW is very proud of their work, Papa Rick. I know of a couple of shops but they aren't open on Saturday. Freightliner is open 24/7, but they will be just as pricey as KW. Cockran's truckstop in Ringgold at the 345 exit has a fairly decent mechanic on one shift. I don't know if he is working today, but you could give them a call or go by if you are not that far away. Their rates are a little lower than KW. They charge about $70/hour.

Fredog 10-21-2007 01:55 PM

Re: Good Shops in Chattanoog TN open on Saturday?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rick
Anyone know of a couple of good reliable shops in Chattanooga TN. I took my 03 KW W900L to the KW Dealership today and had them flush out the Cooling System. Super nice people, but little pricey on the bill I think:

Flush Cooling System and Replace Antifreeze.

Labor Total 180.00 2 hrs at 90.00 per hour.

I am wanting to find someone that is open on Saturdays if possible that can work on the newer engines. I had a great shop just 10 miles from my house, did excellent work and only charged 35 per hour, but they have no computer to read the codes.

Also anyone know where I can get a copy of the grease places on my KW.

On my FTRL, I went to their website and downloaded and had no problems.

the shop at the 320 exit on 75 across from the flying j does a lot of our work, they are a certified Cat repair shop.. we have had great luck with them, unfortunatly, I cant remember the name and I dont know if they are open on Saturday. lot of help aint I?

GMAN 10-25-2007 02:21 AM

Hey Papa Rick, what happened with the mechanic? Did you find someone to work on the truck?