Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Pics of Papa Ricks 03 W900L (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/29980-pics-papa-ricks-03-w900l.html)

RostyC 10-02-2007 02:28 AM

She's a beaut Papa! 8)

brian 10-02-2007 06:26 AM

helluva upgrade ya got their paparick, hope ya get alot of trouble free miles out of her.

sodbuster 10-02-2007 01:19 PM

papa nice truck, like the color. Let us know how it runs.
I heard some luggers talking on the cb the other day and were talking about having to cross 2 creeks to get the log loader, sounded like they were a ways away from the main road. Sure hate to think of such a pretty truck having to go down those narrow ruff muddy roads. But do what you gotta do. Anyway good luck.

Bobby 10-02-2007 06:02 PM

Congratulations !

GrayBeard 10-02-2007 06:56 PM

Papa Rick,

Congratulations; one nie looking ride you have!!!!! Take care of her and I am sure she will take care of you.

Papa Rick 10-03-2007 02:56 AM

Man talk about a pain pain, and then some. Started out yesterday trying to get all of the necessary paperwork done to run the truck, and finally got it done today.

Got everything switched over from the Shaker to the KW tonight, hooked up to my empty log trailer and took a ride to see what it would feel like.

I come up a mountain, and before in the shaker, I would have to drop one gear and top the mountain at 50mph, came up in the KW with the cat at 65, not pushing it hard, no gear dropping, man talk about happy!!!

I must say that for a 1985 FTL with a 350BCC I cannot complain, I felt sad about leaving it tonight on my joy ride, but that ended when I came up the mtn. Man was I a happy camper. Heck this one even has A/C and it works.

I started out with an older Truck to learn the ropes some and get my foot in the door before I jumped in deeper with a newer truck. I still have much to learn, and contiune to post, read, and learn from the members of this board.

I believe the wings will stay on for now, and see what the fuel mileage will be.

God had blessed me beyond what I deserved and I am grateful for this.

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words about my KW.

Mackman 10-03-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rick
I believe the wings will stay on for now, and see what the fuel mileage will be.

Doing your type of work them wings are not going to make much of a diff. with fuel mileage. But if you like them leave them on it is your truck after all. Am glad you like it. Hope it last ya a long time.

Bobby 10-03-2007 09:39 PM

Rick,
I went from an 81 Ford 9000 with a 350 Cummins to an 01 W900B with C15 and 18 speed.
Night and Day difference...and you should get better fuel milage too .. I did.
Congrats again.

Outta here 10-05-2007 06:28 PM

Great looking truck Rick. Like the color also.
Best wishes.
Steve