Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Common scams for independents (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/24464-common-scams-independents.html)

atrsafety 07-25-2007 04:49 AM

I always use Riveria Finance. My full recourse contract lower's my factor fee and forces me to allow them to approve the broker's credit before the load can be hauled. I have made the mistake of taking a load they turned down to avoid being stuck and ended up stuck for my money.

Always have a broker checked out first. Even some of the big companies brokerage divisions arent worth the hauling for.

slacker 09-25-2007 02:18 AM

[quote="rank"][quote="DLC"]I've been an o/o with operating authority for 2 years, always used the same three brokers from the start, never had a problem until now, one of them owes me 8 grand and is acting very hinky.

I once had a guy that liked to owe me money to keep my hooked on doing business with him. He continued to reduce my profitability, till I found it cheaper to walk away from him and what he owed me, than to continue to do business with him.

jonboy

slacker 09-25-2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big John
We picked up a load one time from a broker, it was a load of pipe and he never paid. Was back in the same area and called him up and got another load from him at the same place. Went to the truckstop and sit and called him, reminded him on never paying me for over 90 days and he said he would have a check in the mail, I said no that is what you have said all along, I want my money today or I will sit on this load until I get it. He valued his customer pretty good, by 5pm I had my money and the next morning I took the load back to the customer and said unload it, they were pissed and I told the shipping manager that he was using a dead beat broker that won't pay and if the use a guy like that they will have a hard time getting trucks. The broker calls me and is mad and then starts playing mister nice guy to get me to take the load. I just tell the shipper to get the load off and they did.

Brilliant!

jonboy

Jamspeed 12-23-2007 12:55 AM

Is'nt this why all the most popular load boards have scores and ratings for these companies now??

If so, then what's the problem?

MtFoxx 01-22-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepe4158
Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Some people are too stupid, thats why they scam. In this day and age of technology, they all eventually get caught.

I like Brians way of sorting tings out :shock: :lol:

Brians way might be cut n cleaver, but be carefull. If Couple had taken said note to police,Brian WOULD have had an arrest warrent issued even without attaching hs name, easy enough to see he would be suspect #1

Yep got to agree... Finger prints, hand writting, paper from ur truck. If the guy wanted to off his wife, then would have been the time.

MtFoxx 01-22-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big John
We picked up a load one time from a broker, it was a load of pipe and he never paid. Was back in the same area and called him up and got another load from him at the same place. Went to the truckstop and sit and called him, reminded him on never paying me for over 90 days and he said he would have a check in the mail, I said no that is what you have said all along, I want my money today or I will sit on this load until I get it. He valued his customer pretty good, by 5pm I had my money and the next morning I took the load back to the customer and said unload it, they were pissed and I told the shipping manager that he was using a dead beat broker that won't pay and if the use a guy like that they will have a hard time getting trucks. The broker calls me and is mad and then starts playing mister nice guy to get me to take the load. I just tell the shipper to get the load off and they did.

Brilliant!

jonboy

I like it! :twisted: Yep "after check my records I found that your account is on hold for delinquent payment. Sure am sorry but our policy says we hold the load until payment for the back invoice and this load are paid for". IN CASH :twisted: I owned my business for 16 years and had to pull a lot of this type of collection methods. I hate ppl that pull sht. Attorneys are the worst.

wesross 02-06-2008 06:16 PM

wow

This sounds pretty brutal, thanks for posting this.