Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   What would you guys think if.... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/23544-what-would-you-guys-think-if.html)

allan5oh 01-04-2007 07:05 AM

What would you guys think if....

Toyota built an 18 wheeler.

To be honest, I haven't seen a quality aerdynamic truck yet. My volvo is nice, but the interior quality is severely lacking, among a few other things. From talking to other drivers, they think the volvo is the best among aerodynamic trucks. Why cant petercar or kwhopper make a quality aero truck? I guess the t6 is a step in the right direction, but lack of storage space turns me totally off.

If Toyota stepped up to the plate, I think they could make a quality product in a very short time. It wouldn't have the long hood, or the chicken lights everywhere, but I bet it would be a quality truck.

MADLUX 01-04-2007 10:31 AM

Well, they make a pretty good stright truck (Hino) from what I hear, so I guess anther semi on the road can't hurt 8)

rank 01-04-2007 03:34 PM

whats' wrong with a t600?

yoopr 01-04-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank
whats' wrong with a t600?

Nothing at all-very good truck

Mackman 01-04-2007 11:39 PM

I would never buy one i hate anything JAP.

emerlin 01-05-2007 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman

But if they made 'em in the US like they do the Camry, it wouldn't be Jap, would it?

allan5oh 01-05-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

That's funny because a camry has more American parts on it then a mustang does.

Mackman 01-05-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerlin
Quote:

But if they made 'em in the US like they do the Camry, it wouldn't be Jap, would it?

But the money you give them will go back to japan or where ever it wouldn't stay in the US like if you bought a ford. The camry is just made here where does the profit go???

allan5oh 01-05-2007 09:40 PM

Most of the money would go to the dealership, the parts people(American) and the labor (American). They might make 1000-2000 per car at most.

mmiikkee 01-05-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh
Most of the money would go to the dealership, the parts people(American) and the labor (American). They might make 1000-2000 per car at most.

You are right. I worked at a part distribution warehouse for HONDA and many of the parts were American and Mexican made.

Who cares if the money did go back to JAPAN. The Global Economy makes the world go 'round.

Back to the original topic.

I would love to see HONDA make anything. I love their reliable cars that are unlike American junk. Have you guys noticed that Ford and Chevy are copying all the "JAP" car designs. Hell the new ford sedan looks like a 1998 Honda Accord. My uncles Chevy Malibu is a poor rip off of a 4 door Civic...

I'll take a JAP wife, too. :oops: