Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   what kind of miliage should a manual 350 cumm. big cam get? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/21398-what-kind-miliage-should-manual-350-cumm-big-cam-get.html)

gcal 10-15-2006 08:51 PM

what kind of miliage should a manual 350 cumm. big cam get?

can anybody tell me about the big cam 350 cummings made? its an old manual that smokes white when its cold but once warm its fine. it has no electrical what so ever on the motor. anyifo on this thing would be great.
btw its a re con motor put in in 99.

brian 10-15-2006 08:59 PM

what are they paying to pull containers down there anyway?

yoopr 10-15-2006 09:37 PM

Re: what kind of miliage should a manual 350 cumm. big cam g

Originally Posted by gcal:
can anybody tell me about the big cam 350 cummings made? its an old manual that smokes white when its cold but once warm its fine. it has no electrical what so ever on the motor. anyifo on this thing would be great.

5.8 average I'm guessing but you don't mention ratio

ssoutlaw 10-16-2006 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by yoopr:

In almost 30 yrs of driving I've never seen a big cam Cummings or any other non computer motor get this kind of MPG. Some people say so but it will be another story made up by someone, you know " you aint gonna believe this"
If you are lucky and seeing as how the motor is 7yrs old the high side maybe high 4s but more likely around 4!

gcal 10-16-2006 02:36 AM

i wil keep track and post the mpg when i know also.

yoopr 10-16-2006 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by ssoutlaw:

In almost 30 yrs of driving I've never seen a big cam Cummings or any other non computer motor get this kind of MPG. Some people say so but it will be another story made up by someone, you know " you aint gonna believe this"
If you are lucky and seeing as how the motor is 7yrs old the high side maybe high 4s but more likely around 4!

I'll betcha he gets around 5.5 or close to it.

ssoutlaw 10-16-2006 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by ssoutlaw:

I'll betcha he gets around 5.5 or close to it.

If he ran empty this may be possible. To bring us out of the 3 to 4 mpg motors they introduced us to computerized motors but with most trucks averaging low 6s 5.8 for that old of a truck and motor would be lieing to him. Now there are trucks getting higher than low 6s but nothing of that age!

yoopr 10-16-2006 04:21 PM

I forget what the 290's got for mileage but it's pretty much the same block.