Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   My wife thinks I am the worst driver on the planet. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/21369-my-wife-thinks-i-am-worst-driver-planet.html)

Sonny Pruitt 10-15-2006 12:07 AM

My wife thinks I am the worst driver on the planet.

You don't know how many times she has said to me "wait let me drive, I hate the way you drive."
Is it the extra space between cars?
Is it the slowing on curves?
Is it try to make all left hand turns?
I don't know . :sad:

syl77dar 10-15-2006 12:11 AM

goodluck

goodluck

Rawlco 10-15-2006 12:31 AM

Re: My wife thinks I am the worst driver on the planet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny Pruitt
You don't know how many times she has said to me "wait let me drive, I hate the way you drive."

My wife started saying the same thing when I got my CDL. It doesn't bother her as much now that I take wide turns with our 4 wheeler. :lol:

yoopr 10-15-2006 01:27 AM

Re: My wife thinks I am the worst driver on the planet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny Pruitt

ah-don't worry about it-You know how they are :P

solo379 10-15-2006 02:02 AM

Join the club! :lol:

brian 10-15-2006 02:14 AM

my wife used to complain about my driving, not the speeding per se just that I didnt let people cut me off or take advantage of my extreme driving prowess :wink:

anywho we`re heading out for a weekend after dropping the wee ones off and she starts in again, so I say forget the car we`re taking the truck.... so she heads towards the dodge and I say no we`re taking THE truck.... lets just say 730 horsepower and 2200 ft lbs of torque roaring through 8 inch chico stacks and grabbing 18 gears in 25 seconds got her to leave me and my defensive driving alone :lol:

Ian Williams 10-15-2006 02:39 AM

I've also gotten flak from friends since I got my CDL.

My reply (in Butthead voice) "I've got a pass A@@wipe"

I don't think I've gotten in anything but the right-hand left turn lane either.

After running a forklift for 8hrs I often try to use the turn signal to shift gears; I also find myself reaching for the jake selector in my Jeep when going downhill.

wanderingson 10-15-2006 03:33 AM

I can relate to this....my girlfriend thinks I drive slow. (in my car) I tell her that I'm sure its because I'm too used to the truck, and am being cautious. I don't drive slow in my 4 wheeler. :wink:
She is just a leadfoot! :) BTW...I am the one with a squeaky clean driving record, not her! :lol:

People who have never driven a rig will never understand!

Sonny Pruitt 10-15-2006 03:52 AM

"why did you stop!!!!!!!!! You could have made that light!!!!!!!"

yoopr 10-15-2006 03:55 AM

I thought I had a Lead foot but my ex-g/f in Green Bay put me to shame.