User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Business computer programs

Anyone have a good computer program that they are using for business? Looking for one that allows you to enter repairs, maintenance, fuel and get reports. Have Drivers Daily Log but I find it rather cumbersome.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quickbooks is what I use. It does good but I'd like to have something more trucking specific. I've been using QBooks for over a year now.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Rookie

I used QB many years ago in another line of work. Wasn't sure if it would generate fuel calculations and such.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Senior Board Member

I use Mrs. Fredog..... works real well
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There are a number of trucking specific programs that are available. Truckers Helper is popular and they have several versions that you can buy from company driver to fleet. It is a bit more complex than some prefer, but will do about anything you need as far as running and tracking a trucking business is concerned. www.truckershelper.com . Another is Easy Trucking. I believe that they still only have two versions of the same program. The only difference is in the number of trucks you can put in the program. Although I don't care about the way you need to do some things with the program, it will do your IFTA, invoicing and print reports. www.easytrucking.com . The one that I find is easiest to use is trucknpro. It will do your fuel and maintenance reports and do fuel calculations, but won't do your IFTA taxes at this point. I like it for the simplicity. I know a couple of my friends also have the program and it has been doing a good job for them. www.trucknpro.com . I believe all three either have a demo you can see online or a trial version you can check out for yourself. They are always making changes to improve the program. I recently received a copy of the new version. All three of these programs offer some flexibility in the way you use them.

You may not find everything that you would like to have in a single program. You may just need to find the one that has most of what you want and then go from there.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Rookie

Thanks Gman...your are always a good source of info. My accountant gives me most info but I am looking for a program for trip info, fuel, maintenance. Don't care about IFTA. Company I am leased to takes care of that. Will look into Trucknpro.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You are welcome. If you put all of your load information into the program you can print everything out and just hand it to your accountant. It will make it much easier for your accountant to do your taxes. It will also tell you how well you are doing at any given time. When you put in a load it will show you the mileage rate including your deadhead as long as you have put everything into the system. It is also a good way to check your carrier to make sure that they are not over charging you on your fuel taxes.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have a friend who uses the program and is leased to a major carrier. He calls me and tells me how well he is doing from time to time using the program. He puts in his loads each week when he gets home. I have spoken to some who do it once the load has been completed. Most of the trucking specific programs perform similarly. I just like the simplicity of this program. I see no need to have a program that is difficult to use. The best accounting programs are those that are easy to use.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Rookie

I've had the same question lately as well. I've done some research. Here's what I found.

GPS Tracking Technology and Advanced Mapping Software | Track Your Truck
http://www.truckershelper.com

Trucking Software | Owner Operator | Truck Driver Software | Drivers Log book | Per Diem | Truck Management | Truck Dispatch | Freight Management | Business Management | Transportation Tracking,
Old 03-20-2021, 09:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAvery View Post
Nowadays every business owner should invest in good software or any kind of programs. I think such things can take your business to another level if you know how to use them the right way.
You're right! If you know how to use them in the right way, you can take your bussines to another level. Softwares are good, but have you tried Sales automation? This is the holy grail for marketing and sales teams looking to boost their efficiency and bottom line. Rather than spending hours on end trying to source new leads, you can automate the entire process via cold email campaigns, social media prospecting, sales calls, auto-dialers, voicemail drops, or targeted ads. A good guide helps to boost your sales revenue and profits.

Last edited by DiBrain; 03-21-2021 at 12:00 AM.