User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Online Load Boards, Mobile Apps

Do any drivers on here use uShip, getloaded, etc.? I have heard mixed reviews from drivers. I'm still a little old school about the whole thing I guess.

I'd love to get any feedback on good online load boards and some pros/cons (some including mobile apps) from you guys.

I just got sent some stuff on a new one called FreightConnections. They don't allow brokers or 3PLs on there, which means "no markup" they claim. That seems a little too good to be true though, right? Either way their landing page looks pretty nice.

Any input from you guys on any of the sites would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Depends on what you call a "good" loadboard.

A broker / shipper might not "advertise" all of their loads, and not on all of the boards. Some of the boards cost the poster money some do not. The accuracy of the entry depends on the person entering it (and how much they really know).

I've heard about freightconnections and their claims, but I have no first hand knowledge of them. But, it also is relatively new.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Rookie

Sorry you're right, "good" was not the right word to use. Really I'm just looking for info on any of the load board experiences the members here have had, regardless of which one it is/was. I appreciate the response though, that totally makes sense about the poster info varying regardless of the site.

I checked out FreightConnection's home page again and it now has an iPad giveaway promotion if a carrier signs up for beta testing. It's free so I joined it (for now). I figured what the hell, right? Doubt they will make good on all their claims, but nothing to lose while it's still free.

In the mean time, I'm still looking for another established load board to use for now since regardless of how FreightConnections is, its still a start-up company. So hopefully some more good info keeps rolling in.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member

The other problem with FreightConnection is that they have to attract BOTH carriers and customers, just like a broker does. Advertising costs money, the web site costs money - where/how are they getting that money. Raises some big questions for me.

The sites that I use are getloaded, Internet Truck Stop, Landstar, and CH Robinson mostly because those are the sites that Panther allows us to broker ourselves out with. Our problem is that there are few and far between loads that I can put on our straight truck.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Rookie

You're right, I am definitely skeptical about the money too.

Like I said earlier, I already signed up for their beta and got a confirmation e-mail from them. They told me I should expect to be able to use the service within the next couple weeks. They also said itll be a free service for the near future to get others to join because they are confident of the service being offered. I guess we will see, and I can keep you updated on it if you would like.

For the next few weeks before I can even try that though I will be checking out one of the sites you sent me. Are any of those truly free?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Senior Board Member

CH Robinson and Landstar are the only ones that are free. Getloaded and internet truck stop costs money. There are some brokers other than CH and Landstar that also post what loads they have.

Here are some of the others, the only one of these that I'm familiar with is SPI International Transportation
https://tracking.tailwindsys.com/SPI...ableLoads.aspx
TA Services
Brokerage for CDL Jobs and Trucking Jobs - see Load Board
Mercer Transporation Company