User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2017, 03:09 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Live & operate in NC, would like to operate within GA over the winter months

Hi. My name is Sharon and my husband's name is Gator (CB handle received from 30 years ago).

We live in NC and currently are the owner of a one-dump truck company with plans to grow slightly larger in the coming year or two. We are from NC and have worked our truck here from the end of 2016 till now. Our business is Gators Hauling, LLC.

With winter months coming ahead, work will be drying up around here.

We will be heading to GA soon. The problem we are having is that we want to temporarily work as intrastate within GA without crossing state lines with cargo. Or a permit would be good, too. But we are not sure how it is possible to work within GA for any length of time without having to have an apportioned tag.

They have an IRP permit that can be purchased for 1 to 3 days. This does us no good as the job will be for 5 months within GA.

We really do not want to get an apportioned tag since they are more involved.

We have been told, not sure though which is why I am asking, that we can get GA added to our cab card and also set ourselves up as intrastate in GA and at the same time this would not void our intrastate here in NC. Would this work and would this be a way around having to get an apportioned tag so that we can work in GA over the winter months?

Or would you happen to know if I can get a hold of the right people to get a longer permit to work within GA. You'd think they would have a longer length permit that I could renew from time to time while there.

I am still learning the truck driving lingo. My husband is good about it but I'm not right up there with him yet

Nice to meet you all and thanks.

Sharon

Last edited by gatorshauling; 10-22-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Just get the IRP plate, not that big of a deal, You'll need NC,SC,GA, you keep track of the mileages and thats all, you will also need an IFTA fuel permit either way in order to pay the fuel taxes
Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Rookie
Default Owner Operators

Good morning! I am working for Precise Transportation Inc. My duties include the delivery of loads. Partial employment is possible in the company, which is very convenient. I can choose when to work and what loads to take. The working conditions are excellent, you are talking to only one dispatcher , you do not need to remind the new one dispatcher about you and your truck again and again. Plus the payment is every week!
It's an amazing opportunity, it's a dream work, I can not be happier.

Tags
georgia, intrastate, permit