User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Help! I'm stuck!

I just started a new job driving after owning my own truck for 13 years living in Illinois. The problem is I used to work for my father when I was 18 and all his clients were associated within the printing industry. Printing clients were all I had and the printing industry has been hit really big and hard by obamas economy. I'm 52 now and couldn't find any work for my single axel tractor with my 45' 13'6 van trailer. I only had one truck but I ALWAYS made very good money despite the fact I can only haul up to 30,000 lbs. My truck is sitting idle and only in use once every couple of weeks. When the license is up in June I will close shop unless I can find work for myself. I hate working for someone else and it’s also for chump change but it does pay some bills. I need to find work again and new clients for my truck. Can someone please help me? A truck driver from the place I work at now told me he couldn’t believe I couldn’t find work for the truck. Despite all my efforts (and I’ve made many) I must be doing something wrong but because I don’t know anything except the printing industry I haven’t a clue.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Board Regular

Do you have a sleeper on it? I'm a crane operator and I unload quite a few truck loads of power and pontoon boats at a local dealership, those guys are never overloaded and most of them run single axles, I am pretty sure their companies supply the trailers,
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I assume that you have your own motor carrier authority? Have you checked any of the load boards? If you can get your hands on a set of ramps, you could haul cars in your trailer. You may also find some expedited freight. You usually find single axle tractors pulling open deck trailers, such as a wedge, step deck or gooseneck trailer.