User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My wife is from up that way too. Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer up there.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Rookie

I figure haul the Rv's for 12 months and when I find something a lot better ..move on. But...the RV people are really excited cuz I bought a 53' specialty trailer thats set up to haul triples. So...we'll see what happens.

I found a really nice International Pro Star w/393K on it that was really clean and rode like a dream.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
My wife is from up that way too. Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer up there.
Yeah...Summer is 5-7 days in August...thats it
Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member

if money was no object? it would be a glider.

same specs in all trucks.

525 isx
13speed
3.55 rears
AG400
high end interior.

in the truck it would be a T660 or T800
Old 11-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member

If you have bad knees how do you plan on climbing up and down to strap down loads especially in the cold and snow??
Old 11-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Board Icon

JB said:

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Golfhobo...
You're welcome, and welcome to CAD!

Quote:
Retired Chef...Born & raised in NYC ( Far from a wuss...and dont need any friends " Thanks Rev") Going back to work... not forced... but done with the retirement thing...Bored silly !
Retired chef? Or Chief? Just wondering. Hard to believe a CHEF could retire at something less than 55 yrs and already be tired of retirement. But, what do I know?

I think it is possible you misread my sigline (though thanks for referencing it.) Sounds like you thought 'The REV' was responsible for ALL of those comments. He only said the one about being wrong. The one about friends being few and far between is something I read a longtime ago and felt it applied to the fact that I consider MANY here as my friend... though we are miles apart and may never meet. The one about Wusses need not apply, is of my OWN design. You don't sound like a Wuss, so... I hope we can be friends.

Quote:
No-Payments...Trucking Income as it comes, just like any biz start up venture...Acquired CDL on my own (No-School) Passed the test...paid an O/O to train me and use his truck for 4 weeks as opposed to shoveling $5-6K to a school.O/O Also serves as a super mentor....which I always have a 1000 questions for. (Schools are a whole other experience & story for me)Getting the CDL thru a school private or Co. sponsered school was such a sham. 30cents/mile for 2 years after training...and pay them back $5K....No thanks !
Thanks for the concise resume. Helps us all know how to help you. FWIW... I didn't pay for my schooling, and I never worked for a MegaCarrier that took that money out of my paycheck. I paid my dues with my first company that didn't pay all that well, but... now I am making pretty close to top dollar in the trucking field (for a company driver.)

Quote:
I am Leasing on with Truck & trailer haulin RV's for 12 mo's ...which is also the Minimum exp. needed to lease on as O/O at a freight company. Once I passed the CDL and NO_EXPERIENCE...NO YOB MAN !
That sounds great! I looked into the "drive-aways" awhile back. Do you mean you HAVE a trailer? Or is that the name of the company? If you're pulling a "5th Wheel RV" you're just using a power unit. Right? Or are you using a trailer to haul a couple of smaller "camper" units? Either way.... you get your first year in, and all is good.

Quote:
Going to start in Jan...Probably get my own authority in May/June...Just opens more doors.
It certainly does! And I'm glad you're waiting until then to take the "baseplate" jump.

Quote:
I dont really want to start at what Im going into...but Cant find anything else. So I'll make the best of it...as always.
Doesn't sound like such a bad way to get "in." Many on this board... and in the industry.... have fewer options and less success.

Quote:
Thanks Again Hobo...Btw when I do hit the road my Pings will be in the cab and I will be close to a golf course down south when it comes time to do a reset. I can usually make a few bucks on the course..?
That's why I chose the username I did. I'll go ANYWHERE to play a round! Let me know when you get down here. If I'm home, I'll meet you for a round. But, I don't know about you making a profit off of it! LOL!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
if money was no object? it would be a glider.

same specs in all trucks.

525 isx
13speed
3.55 rears
AG400
high end interior.

in the truck it would be a T660 or T800
How come everyone tells me ..You gotta have 3:36 rears...? I love the KW automatic & air ride
Old 11-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
So true!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 AM
Senior Board Member

well i'm saying for me.

you have to get the truck thats right for you.. 3.55's you can pretty much get power and economy.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
JB said:

You're welcome, and welcome to CAD!

Retired chef? Or Chief? Just wondering. Hard to believe a CHEF could retire at something less than 55 yrs and already be tired of retirement. But, what do I know?

I think it is possible you misread my sigline (though thanks for referencing it.) Sounds like you thought 'The REV' was responsible for ALL of those comments. He only said the one about being wrong. The one about friends being few and far between is something I read a longtime ago and felt it applied to the fact that I consider MANY here as my friend... though we are miles apart and may never meet. The one about Wusses need not apply, is of my OWN design. You don't sound like a Wuss, so... I hope we can be friends.

Thanks for the concise resume. Helps us all know how to help you. FWIW... I didn't pay for my schooling, and I never worked for a MegaCarrier that took that money out of my paycheck. I paid my dues with my first company that didn't pay all that well, but... now I am making pretty close to top dollar in the trucking field (for a company driver.)

That sounds great! I looked into the "drive-aways" awhile back. Do you mean you HAVE a trailer? Or is that the name of the company? If you're pulling a "5th Wheel RV" you're just using a power unit. Right? Or are you using a trailer to haul a couple of smaller "camper" units? Either way.... you get your first year in, and all is good.

It certainly does! And I'm glad you're waiting until then to take the "baseplate" jump.

Doesn't sound like such a bad way to get "in." Many on this board... and in the industry.... have fewer options and less success.

That's why I chose the username I did. I'll go ANYWHERE to play a round! Let me know when you get down here. If I'm home, I'll meet you for a round. But, I don't know about you making a profit off of it! LOL!
My appologies... I read it wrong...So Sorry...Used to a very negative atmosphere on other blogger sites that kinda hold court...so Kinda got my NY riled up.

Yep I am a retired Chef...Took a golden handshake deal when in 05 all the yougins came into Marriott upper mgmt and made huge changes, so I took the deal...and a good one it was..I ran the Marriott Marquis in Times square for 10 years and then became a regional Culinary Training Mgr for the Northeast managing 36 different Marriott locations for the tri-stae NY area.

Again...Thank You !