User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post how do I get my base plate when my trucked is leased and not in my name?"

I know this will sound silly to some, but I took my insurance and truck up to get my paper work for my base plate and they told me they couldn't do it on a copied titled and that the title wasn't in my name yet, the truck is leased thru lone mountain, (and yea First big bad choice but to late now and I got to keep trying to move forward) any way I am currently leased on to a company in Indiana and run under there base plate so I know there is a way of getting it but my county clerks office didn't have a clue. can anyone tell me the steps I need to take, or what to ask for.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Rookie

you need to get your title in your name! have them send it to you. You may be able to do it electronically i dont know about that though. Lone Mountain should have given u a title in your name since you are leasing it from them. If not you cant do anything without that piece of paper..
Old 11-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The truck won't be in your name until you make the last payment. I believe that Lone Mountain does a lease purchase and when you make the last payment you receive the title. If you are buying the truck you may have the truck in your name with Lone Mountain or whomever is the legal owner as leinholder. If it is a lease purchase, you may need to get a letter from them where you have permission to get your base plate. Some states have a form you can have them sign. You should only need a copy of the title with the title number. You will also likely need a copy of a lease or a form signed by the carrier with whom you will be leasing the truck. Even if you get your own base plate, you will need to either have authority or permission of the company that does have authority in order to get your base plate.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzodi View Post
I know this will sound silly to some, but I took my insurance and truck up to get my paper work for my base plate and they told me they couldn't do it on a copied titled and that the title wasn't in my name yet, the truck is leased thru lone mountain, (and yea First big bad choice but to late now and I got to keep trying to move forward) any way I am currently leased on to a company in Indiana and run under there base plate so I know there is a way of getting it but my county clerks office didn't have a clue. can anyone tell me the steps I need to take, or what to ask for.
just call lone mountain they will fax you all the paper work you need to get your base plate.... i got my truck from lone mountain 2 years ago i'm leased to a company but have my own base plate...

btw if ky is like tn your country clerk is not the one you get your cmv plate from..
Old 11-28-2012, 03:09 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you contact your state IRP office, they should have a list of what you will need to get your own base plates. You may even be able to check it online and download the forms.