User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Reliable guys used to gross upwards of 500K years back, but it hasn't been like that for them the past few years. They do pretty well, though, but with 350 trucks, everyone's numbers will be all over the board.

They do a lot of exclusive movie shoots and tours, as well as projects for the big 3.

I don't know of anyone doing over 300K in the enclosed busines. I have a freind at Fedex, one at Horseless Carriage, and 2 at Reliable. From what I gather, the avg revenue comes out to around 2.50/mi (ish)
Old 10-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle View Post
If you put the investment in something stick with it !!!! Jump around and you will loose it. Might be tight for a while but will pay off in the end.
That's good advice, eagle. I thought of selling my truck, but then figured i can get less than 10 grand above what I owe to the financial company (if I'm lucky to find a buyer). But if I wait till the truck is paid off and then decide to sell it, it might be worth 2-3 times that. So, I'm sticking with trucking. Will probably get own authority in the spring ...

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
Hey, I appreciate the responses you guys, that sets my mind at ease. I don't know why he'd sit there and tell me all that. The guy was from San Francisco...maybe he liked what he saw, I don't know? :eek:

Whatever, I'm still trying to do well with the $7800 in tanker modifications I just got. I hear there's more money out there and I'm trying to find it.

I agree with Walking Eagle, lowrange. You have quite an investment in your equipment. You need to see a decent return. It takes time to learn the way your company operates. If you move around too much you will never get ahead. We are living in a very challenging time. I am not sure that you will do much, if any, better if you did switch. One thing about hauling cars is that you can have some very expensive claims. All it takes is a scratch on a car to take a big bite our of your profit. I used to haul for a car dealer who had used this car hauler who had damage on every load he brought in for them. I don't see how he stayed in business. Hang in there, lowrange. Things will get better. It is difficult in most segments of this business right now. The best thing is to hunker down stay away from the cheap freight and watch your expenses.