User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle
Have trucked in all 50 states and all provinces of Canada. Managed Hawaii by talking a trucker into letting me drive his, in a bar, while on vacation one time there
Wow. You're probably one of only a handful of drivers who has accomplished that feat. Now I expect you to hit all of Europe.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries
I assume Mike's company was bonded and that's the number he supplied. That was the explanation given to me.
I bet you're right,I never asked what the number was for all I know is what it reads on the form "Canada Bond number",the company I am with now does not have the bond number so when we do the intransit thing now we have to go inside to a broker and get a temp one to cross,the broker even said I can't believe they pay this each time to cross.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle
Have trucked in all 50 states and all provinces of Canada. Managed Hawaii by talking a trucker into letting me drive his, in a bar, while on vacation one time there
Wow. You're probably one of only a handful of drivers who has accomplished that feat. Now I expect you to hit all of Europe.

LOL...I have driven truck in Hawaii. On Oahu, Maui and the "Big Island". :shock: :shock: Got some very disturbing looks from the tourists, when they would see those Orange and Black trucks the company had over there. :lol: :lol: The Industrial Services divison of the company I worked for, from 1979 to 1987, kept units on all three Islands. We flew over usually a week before a project, to service whichever trucks we would need for the job.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

No Rev. I didn't hit all of Europe but did hit quite a bit My M & D lived over there so on various vacations went around and (Over beer or wine) "Aww, common I'm a licensed HGC in the USA just let me drive it a little bit". Suprising how it worked Over there you can go thru 3 or 4 countries in a day.