User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac
Since you signed the deal on the equipment, stay and pay for it, and learn the buisness, then leave.

QC does have a lot of work out there, so you shouldn't have trouble getting out.

I heard they were going mileage, are those numbers include the fuel surcharge?

Remember this, any time a company does something like a change from mileage to percentage or the other way around it ALWAYS benefits THEM more than you.
It's 1.05 loaded, .95 mt, plus the fuel surcharge.

As I said, the O/O's here don't like the change. I talked to one 17 year driver who considers it another experiment and he expects it to go away just like the previous such experiment.

Yeah, my plan is to get my feet underneath me and take it from there. There are some bugs I need to work off on my truck to have more confidence in it. I'm thinking of replacing some things that haven't broken just to be certain they don't break on the road.

I'm still not confident in loading and unloading, either. I learn by doing when it comes to mechanical stuff, and I still haven't pumped off by myself. It's all very easy, and yet there are a lot of costly mistakes you can potentially make. So, I have a ways to go to have the confidence I had pulling dry box. It'll be good to get through a lot of that before I really start looking at options.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Who lied???

Cam wrote:
Quote:
That's messed up. Leaving Landstar, I chose Quality because I was under the impression I'd have more opportunity to pick and chose where, when, and if I feel like it. As it turns out, I got into their new pay per mile system and I don't get any choices on the loads. I got help from a lying recruiter, though. About Superior, he said, 'from what I've heard they're practically on forced dispatch'. So, when I finished training and asked the dispatcher if it was forced dispatch, he told me, 'yes it is.'
:?: :?: :?:

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 06-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Who lied???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide
Cam wrote:
Quote:
That's messed up. Leaving Landstar, I chose Quality because I was under the impression I'd have more opportunity to pick and chose where, when, and if I feel like it. As it turns out, I got into their new pay per mile system and I don't get any choices on the loads. I got help from a lying recruiter, though. About Superior, he said, 'from what I've heard they're practically on forced dispatch'. So, when I finished training and asked the dispatcher if it was forced dispatch, he told me, 'yes it is.'
:?: :?: :?:
He was making it sound like I was right going with Quality because if I went with Superior, I'd be on forced dispatch. Well, once I got through a bunch of people supposedly overseeing all the various aspects of my training and equipment installation, I finally met my dispatcher and brought up the issue of choosing loads. That's when I first learned I wouldn't be gettin any choice on my loads and he called it forced dispatch. Thus, lying recruiter.

It's been awhile since we talked. How have you been, Cyanide?
Old 06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm doing fine Cam and you? Just been keeping busy on my dedicated stuff and having lots of fun at home. The whole O/O thing is working out great for me, as you can tell from my numbers over in my thread. Hopefully QC will work out for you and you can be a full-fledged happy tanker driver with the rest of us! Be safe out there, more later...

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."