User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2015, 02:37 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

People seem to have lost their common sense and ability to think critically. It amazes me when I hear them discuss important issues with such ignorance. When I grew up we knew what was going on in the world at an early age. We actually LEARNED in school. I am greatly saddened by how this country has changed in such a short time. Never would I have thought that Americans would be so open to communism and perversion. This is a much different country than I remember. Most people no longer question what is reported in the news. People don't seem to question politicians who are obviously lying. No longer is corruption closeted. Christians and Jews are openly being targeted and attacked by mainstream media and politicians. We have really lost our moral compass. This country is being taken over and most don't even realize what is happening.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4 View Post
Thank you Solo.
You are very welcome! I came here in 1992, and even in a such short time, i could see a drastic changes. Well, all we can do, it's hold our ground, no matter what everybody else does. May be some will follow!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Been one thing after another. So I am moving to Penske. I touched some nerves over at Ryder. Surprising how sensitive these big corporate people are. But either way they are getting out of the insurance market. I've had it real good with their insurance. I just had to go on the open market and I'm paying $20,000 more a month. Makes me kind of nauseous. I need to get a terminal out of South Florida. Nobody wants to touch companies down here. I was going to hire a salesman too but now I need to see how this plays out. $20,000 a month extra now isn't a walk in the park.

I think we are all in the wrong business. Should have went into insurance or banking. Notice how the two biggest buildings in every city are banks and insurance companies?
Old 06-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Senior Board Member

I hear ya on the insurance. Its a joke. My insurance man has been telling me for years to get away from the philly area. Cuz my rates are higher cuz im so close to philly. I pay 14,000 a year for 2 trucks. He told me if i was more in the middle of that state it would drop almost 5,000.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 06-17-2015, 03:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
I hear ya on the insurance. Its a joke. My insurance man has been telling me for years to get away from the philly area. Cuz my rates are higher cuz im so close to philly. I pay 14,000 a year for 2 trucks. He told me if i was more in the middle of that state it would drop almost 5,000.
If you know someone who lives in the middle of the state, perhaps they would allow you to use their address. There are also mail services that offer a street address and issue you a box for your mail. I doubt the cost would be much and it could reduce your insurance costs. It is near time for me to renew my insurance. I kind of dread getting estimates the way I have seen increases the last 2 or 3 years. But, my rates are considerably less than what you pay now, so I guess I should be grateful.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Senior Board Member

insurance is a joke. being I just incorporated last year they see me as a "new business" even though I kept my DOT/MC #'s. I just renewed last week. it dropped about $4000 a year. i'm at about $11k for 1 truck and 2 trailers. guess it could be worse..
Old 06-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Senior Board Member

I renewed last week for $3650. I scanned it and tried to attach it because I know nobody will believe me. I couldn't get it to attach.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, you don't have to attach it for prove. Just tell us what's the name of the company, and who is your agent...
Old 06-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Acuity is the company and Prins Insurance in Sanborn Iowa is the agent.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It is time for me to renew my insurance. My agent no longer works with my current insurance company so I am shopping around. They guy whom I have been working moved to another company. I just got a quote from a new company (Canal) and they quoted a rate about 25% more than I paid last year with Lancer. I just got my loss runs. I have been with the same agent for 8 years and have had zero claims. In fact, I have not had a claim in at least 15 or more years, since I hauled cars. I plan on shopping my business around. There is no reason I should be hit with a high rate. I have a good safety score and clean MVR. It also really gets me when some insurance companies want to pull a credit report just to quote. Even if I had the worst credit possible, it should not impact an insurance quote. Credit, good or bad should not be a consideration when it comes to insurance. All they should need to know is if there have been any claims, whether a driver has a clean MVR and the company has a good safety record. I usually have a number of people contact me when it gets close to renewal time. I have until the first week of August to make a decision. I called my "new" agent contact when he sent this first quote. He asked me what it would take on the rate and I told him that I would be looking at a rate at or less than I paid last year. He will go back to Canal to see if he can get a reduction. I would rather go with a different company.

Tags
read