View Poll Results: Lousiest parts service....
International 3 60.00%
Freightliner 1 20.00%
Peterbilt 0 0%
Ford 0 0%
Mack 0 0%
Kenworth 0 0%
Volvo 1 20.00%
All excellent 0 0%
All trashy 0 0%
No comment 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Location: Los Angeles - Austin - Houston - Dallas - San Antonio - Laredo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Who has the worst parts service?

I've had multiple problems with Westrux, the International truck 'parts bin.'

I can't believe their lousy service/explanations (Carson, CA) of why International is not more specific on what the heck they're trying to sell you (their idiotic *idioticexcuses.com* parts books etc.).

As I was complaining to a friend he said, oh, that is nothing you should try Fraightliner:-( they're TRASHY!)

...so who's the winner of the lousiest parts service.

My vote will still be against International (-will REPLACE said model with a Kenworth or a Volvo SOON!).

Any other votes?

THX in advance for your input.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Board Regular

I have a new 9900IX. The truck is great, but service is just awful. AC trips the breaker now and then, windshield washer nozzle on drivers side does not cover the whole windshield, right front mud flap sucks up over the tire making shiny tires and holes in flap very common. I have addressed all of these problems and the truck has been in the shop for a total of 4 days. Nothing is fixed :roll:
Old 07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Board Regular
Default Volvo Parts availability

I have owned Volvo's for 8 years now. I love the truck, but damn, their dealers suck. If you are going to go into a Volvo dealer, you have to call them and get some basic questions asked first.
1. Do you have parking for a trailer. The answer normally goes something like "Oh man, you have a trailer? Can you drop it at the TA 15 miles away?" Yeah buddy, I am going to drop my trailer containing 2 million in cars at the TA.

2. Can you get to my sometime today or tomorrow? The answer here normally goes "I can get to you next Wed." Of course it is Friday.

3. If you are lucky enough to know what is wrong, you then have to ask them if they have the part in stock. This answer goes "Wow, we do not stock that. Our warehouse does not have one either. I can have it here by next Wed."

I had a steer axle airbag with a leak in it. I went to Volvo and I told that they did not even stock that airbag. "There are three different airbags used on the steer axle. We do not even stock any because there are so many different ones."
Hmm, a whole three different types? I guess I can see your logic. Why the hell should they buy it and stock it? All it does is tie up the dealer's money. They do not have to stock it when the customer is more than willing to pay the express freight to have it overnight-ed?

There are very few shops worth a crap anymore. I do not think it matters what is written on the front of your truck.