View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the money bags bedbugger this summer?
Rev.Vassago 6 42.86%
Teal 95 KW 2 14.29%
Bandit's Cousin 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bedbugger revenue contest - Month one results

Okay, I'm getting a leg up on the competition, and starting the results thread for the first month of the Bedbugger Revenue Contest?. The first month of the contest ends on June 22, so start tabulating those numbers!

Here are the rules: Income must be from a legitimate source, no tips allowed. :x The numbers you should be posting are your "TO THE TRUCK" numbers - what you got paid.

Example: If a load had a linehaul of $10,000, and you got 52% of it, the number you should be posting is $5,200.

Here is what is allowed:

- Linehaul
- Fuel Surcharge
- Accessorials (origin/destination charges, packing, unpacking, waiting time, overtime loading/unloading, overtime packing/unpacking, appliance service/deservice, crating/uncrating, extra pickup/delivery, elevator/stair charge, piano/organ charge, long carry, bulky, reweigh, extra labor, shuttles)
- Any cash labor you performed in the first week (yes, I'm talking to you, T95! :lol: )
(if I have missed any, please let me know)

To count for this month, the load MUST have been on your trailer prior to 11:59 pm on June 22. Anything after June 22 will be counted on July's monthly summary.

While this is a friendly contest, be prepared to explain your numbers. I just want to make sure that we all are on the same page with the numbers we are using. If it didn't end up on our settlement sheet, it doesn't count. No gross numbers please. I don't want anyone claiming that they had a $100,000 month (unless you really did).

For the sake of those who have already voted, I'm posting a new poll that will last until July 22, so you can re-vote after seeing how the first month's numbers come up. It will be interesting to see how the votes change.

The current vote totals as of 6/16/06 are:

Who's gonna be the money-bags bedbugger this summer?
Rev Vassago- aka "cupcake" 28% [ 13 ]
Teal 95 KW- even though his truck is white 37% [ 17 ]
BanditsCousin- the good time your mama warned you about 33% [ 15 ]

Good luck to my fellow contestants, because you're gonna need it!

So get out those calculators, and start crunching the numbers!

EDITED TO ADD:

I was out in my trailer folding pads, and I thought about this some more. I think that instead of just posting our numbers, we should have an impartial scorekeeper that we can PM our numbers to, and they can post them all at once. So we need a volunteer - someone who is impartial, and will post the numbers they are given. Anyone up to the job?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:33 AM
Board Icon

And just so everyone knows what we are all driving, here are some pictures of all of our trucks:

The Rev's truck:

Teal 95 KW's truck:

And Bandit's Cousin's truck:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-17-2006, 03:08 AM
Senior Board Member

....well, atleast it's a green KW...not alot more I can ask, I guess lmao. I'm heading to California right now, to drop off 4 shipments...they all have met, or gone over their weight...the downside to it, is that I SHOULD have all of this off on the 21st-22nd. So, I'm at a disadvantage there.

Any reason you chose the 22nd? I'm not complaing, I just get paid bi-monthly, and I get my first settlement check on the 20th for my first trip coming out here, and then my second settlement check on the 5th for anything I've done since.

And, kinda off-topic that looks like a perty cool neighborhood there, if I can use what I see of that house in the background as judgement criteria.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
Any reason you chose the 22nd? I'm not complaing, I just get paid bi-monthly, and I get my first settlement check on the 20th for my first trip coming out here, and then my second settlement check on the 5th for anything I've done since.
The 22nd of May is when the contest officially began, as that was when I was putting my first summer shipment on. BC said that was as good a time as any. As far as when you receive your settlement checks, that isn't a problem. Don't post your numbers until you have everything through the 22nd of this month. I'm probably not going to have my numbers until the beginning of July.

Quote:
And, kinda off-topic that looks like a perty cool neighborhood there, if I can use what I see of that house in the background as judgement criteria.
Thanks. That's my neighborhood. My house is the second oldest in town, built in 1905. It started life as a 6 room hotel. Here's some pictures of it:

Old 06-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Senior Board Member

I volunteered my services as impartial judge and spreadsheet wizzard before, but it got lost in the clutter on the other thread. You can all send my your results for independent judging, so someone can't inflate their numbers after others are posted.

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
--------------------------------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien
Old 06-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Board Icon

That works for me, if it works for the other two guys.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

<drool>....Nice place.

Yes, that is fine with me, Rawlco. It's better to have everybody submit their numbers and then have them posted, so someone can't as you said, "inflate" their numbers to "better" the other participants.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Beautiful home, and mega compliments to the decorator as well (I assume your wife). Its very nice.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Now if we could just get Banditscousin to check in we'll be all set. I suppose that if he isn't here he must be out earning money trying to catch up. :lol:

The contest period started at 12:01 am on May 22nd and ends at 11:59 pm on thursday June 22nd, correct? The only loads that count as far as I am concerned are loads that were both started/loaded and completed/unloaded within that time frame. If there is a load on anyone's truck at 11:59 pm on June 22nd we will discuss what percent of the revenue asociated with that load is admissable.

Tips will not be included in the gross revenue portion, but there will be a special prize awarded for the bedbugger with the most charm. :lol:

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
--------------------------------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien
Old 06-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlco
The contest period started at 12:01 am on May 22nd and ends at 11:59 pm on thursday June 22nd, correct?
Correct. The first month officially ends at 11:59 PM on June 22

Quote:
The only loads that count as far as I am concerned are loads that were both started/loaded and completed/unloaded within that time frame.
No, and there is a reason for it. When the contest nears its end in August, we are going to have to allow any shipment loaded prior to August 22 to be counted in the total, as that would be considered a "Summer" shipment. Even if it unloads after the 22nd, it is still on the trailer prior to the 22nd, so it counts towards that month. We used the 22nd because that was when I was loading my first summer shipment, and BC was hot on my trail.

Since most of the expense goes into getting a shipment ON the truck, it should be counted 100%. I thought we had all agreed to this, but if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Quote:
Tips will not be included in the gross revenue portion, but there will be a special prize awarded for the bedbugger with the most charm. :lol:
I've already won that contest $1,200 in tips for the month so far, and my customer satisfaction rating (which we call a PQC rating) is right around 95%, which puts me at the top of the fleet.

Whew! This is getting confusing!

Oh yeah, when you guys submit your numbers, include your total miles for the period as well (from the 22nd to the 22nd). I'm quite curious how many miles it takes you two to earn what you do.