Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 03:47 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Peterbilt 386 vs 387

I am in the home stretch of deciding on the new truck I wil buy/ order in april. Pretty much settled on the 387, till I ran across a new 386, it is marketed as a slippery 379. I dont like the 379, too much of an air catcher for me, but was interested in the 386. Does any one know anything about the 386, there aren't many out there? Even in the truckpaper. I will be pulling flats and the occasional van in the eastern USA, east of the mississippi, Maine to Florida.Also would value input on both trucks pro's cons etc. Does either truck have any major complaints , issues I should be aware of? Or positives? Let me know. Thanks to all who reply. Wishing you all good road and good miles.

:moose:
Old 03-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Senior Board Member

If I remember correct you said you were a pretty big guy and the 386 has the same sleeper and maybe the same amount of room as the 379 which isn't allot.

I would chose 387 and I have seen some that have a little bit shorter height wise sleeper than those big ones that most have that would be good for flat beds and vans.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Senior Board Member

I would just say the 386 is the newest model and with all new models there may be a few bugs to work out.