User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default O/O requires driver for part time work,

I am an Owner operator with my Truck leased to a Company doing Step deck work. I cannot work full time and am looking for someone interested in working on a part time basis, go out for a few weeks then take a few weeks off. I have a 04 379 with a big sleeper pulling a 48 foot step. The work includes vehicles, airline equipment and general step deck freight. Tarping and driving equipment onto the Trailer is required. I need someone with experience, possibly semi retired, who has a clean driving record and will keep the truck in good condition. I will pay a percentage of the freight and believe you should make $1250 per week on average. I live on the East coast.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Rookie
Default Part time work

Hello. You had called me a few days ago and I was wanting to ask a couple of questions. What you're looking for is more or less what I'd like to do as far as staying out. I was curious to how much tarping I would be doing.? Also I have one speeding ticket on
my license and that was in my 4 wheeler. Also, could I take my wife if she wanted to ride? And I assume your freight is Long-Distance, running the west coast, etc??? Since 1971, most of my freight has been I-40 and below, although I have operated in all states except I never did a lot of work up in the Northwest. I am a previous company owner, sole owner of MCX based in Kingsport, TN, after the demise of Mason-Dixon who I worked for in supervision for many years. Most of my flatbed is from the 70's, back when I first started out hauling OD loads for Deaton Motor Lines. Anyway, just wanted to drop a line and see about the tarping if you are using light tarps, or those heavy boogers.
Thanks
Jim Alley, Sr.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:00 AM
Rookie

Jim, I would say its 50% of the loads are Tarped, most places I go will either drop the Tarp over the load with a crane or lift it up there with a forklift. I have 2 8ft tarps and some smaller ones. I have no problem with your Wife traveling in the Truck. I do expect it to be kept clean and smoke free. I am leased to an operator who has some contracts to haul Airline engines and equipment, military equipment and he fills in the rest with Broker freight. I am looking for someone reliable, that will look after the equipment and deliver the loads as required. The freight could go anywhere. If you want to discuss this you can call me on 570 269 1098
Old 12-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Rookie
Default Possible employment

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlinehaulier View Post
I am an Owner operator with my Truck leased to a Company doing Step deck work. I cannot work full time and am looking for someone interested in working on a part time basis, go out for a few weeks then take a few weeks off. I have a 04 379 with a big sleeper pulling a 48 foot step. The work includes vehicles, airline equipment and general step deck freight. Tarping and driving equipment onto the Trailer is required. I need someone with experience, possibly semi retired, who has a clean driving record and will keep the truck in good condition. I will pay a percentage of the freight and believe you should make $1250 per week on average. I live on the East coast.
I know it's a long shot seeing this post is so old. But do you still need a driver. I am currently running Midwest regional, but the problem is I live on the East Coast and I can’t get home very often. I have a bout two years experience doing reefer as well as dryvan. If your still in need of a driver here’s my email [email protected]