Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Who does DAC target? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/4528-who-does-dac-target.html)

Ghost_Rider 09-12-2004 02:32 PM

Who does DAC target?

Was wondering what level CDL does DAC target (deal with), Class A only, Class A and B, or all levels. :?

I currently hold a Class B CDL and was wondering if I might have a DAC report.

2bme 09-12-2004 04:31 PM

LOL, I can see how all these drivers just...LOVE... DAC.

Seriously, I think DAC goes way overboard. I hope that someone takes them on and wins a really big lawsuit for providing false information, or Information that can't be proved. I think they have a resposibility to verify the accuracy of all information.

Has anyone ever got a call from DAC asking you to verify a report? They won't even take that step.

I think it's a way for trucking companies to say things that they don't dare give out on their own over the phone or in a background statement.
If a person is that bad why don't they just say something when an employment verification is made? It will happen sooner or later, and when it does I hope someone posts it here and lets us all get a good laugh over it. It's a way for trucking companies to circumvent the law and Blackball people.

LadyBlue 09-12-2004 05:02 PM

I wish I could help. I do not know if DAC reports are only on class A trucking or not. They may report on class B trucking. I have no idea if their services extends to class B other than trucking such as coach busses and school busses.

Another good question you pose is how does someone know if they even have a DAC report if all they ever held before was a class B in the bussing industry and never heard of DAC before.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Ghost_Rider 09-12-2004 07:51 PM

Ok, First off LadyBlue is my wife. :D

OK, I have a Class B CDL and drove school bus for 6 years. Had a few accidents with-in the company (with a company bus). I am not sure if I have a DAC report, hopefully I don't. As I understand it DAC is for Class A CDL's only, but I'm not sure. My MVR is clean, well back 9 years I have a few listings, but it is clean since I recieved my CDL. I don't want to go through Trucking school and find out that I'm not able to get a truck driving job. I really need to find out about DAC !!!

Patrick 09-13-2004 04:02 AM

How does one go about getting a DAC report on themselves?

Lady18wheels 09-13-2004 10:50 AM

Does everybody already know this?

DAC itself doesn't target anybody. DAC is kinda like a clearing house where trucking companies can exchange information and order certain types of reports (like Motor Vehicle Reports, etc ) on individuals.

Trucking companies have to pay a fee to DAC in order to use it's services. Whatever's on your DAC was originally reported by your former employer.

Obtaining a copy of your report is (or used to be) fairly easy. Used to be you could just fax a signed request and they'd fax your report right back to you. It was free back then too. Now I think you have to mail a request, along with $7 or $8. Look them up on the web for contact info - or ask somebody's safety dep't how to contact.

LTC 09-13-2004 07:11 PM

You can call 1-800-381-0645.
dial one and they will get you a copy of the report.
You can dispute anything that is on it.
In writing is easier than over the phone but both are acceptable.

Ghost_Rider 09-16-2004 11:47 PM

Ok, I asked a recruiter at a Driving school about DAC, he gave me this number:

1-800-331-9175

This is the number for USIS Services, the new owners of DAC. They told me I have no DAC Report. KOOL.

All I was asked for was my name and SS #.

So all of my questions about DAC are not important at this time, Thanks to all who responded.