Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Handling emergency While Driving (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/44105-handling-emergency-while-driving.html)

Sarah Tiffany 07-01-2013 09:57 AM

Handling emergency While Driving

Problems never comes knocking at your door. There is no need to panic but take the right precautions to avoid making it a serious one.
  1. Inspect the Vehicle
  2. Check the Tires
  3. Knoe there is Enough Fuel
  4. Check the Engine
  5. Check the Brakes

plentygood 07-01-2013 11:27 AM

For me It would depend on the emergency.

RebelDarlin 07-01-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plentygood (Post 526152)
For me It would depend on the emergency.

Agree. This is pretty vague.

Mr. Ford95 07-01-2013 09:11 PM

Is this a joke? How does this list of a basic pre-trip help you handle an emergency while driving?

Malaki86 07-02-2013 02:20 AM

What kind of emergency? Wreck, breakdown, personal (yourself), family? Every one of them is handled differently.

Sarah Tiffany 07-02-2013 04:31 AM

What you said is surely true but taking precaution can help us avoid the worse while driving. Moreover, we tend to neglect these basic things

repete 07-02-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Tiffany (Post 526157)
we tend to neglect these basic things

Please speak for yourself on that, lots of us do proper pretrips/posttrips.
Also if you do #1 on your list you've already done the rest :)

worrywort 07-08-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Tiffany (Post 526157)
What you said is surely true but taking precaution can help us avoid the worse while driving. Moreover, we tend to neglect these basic things

The truth is that nothing is ever 100% preventable. A failed injector or blown head gasket could cause oil or antifreeze leaks. You could leave the parking lot full of air pressure and than run over a nail and blow out your steer tires. A pretrip wont prevent any of these things.I have had all of them happen to me after a thorough pretrip.The only way to handle emergencies out of your control is to stay calm and accept the current situation and what you can do to resolve it. That is all you can really do.This is a power that I completely lack at the moment due to my anxiety disorder which is why I am currently not driving at this time.

Sarah Tiffany 07-09-2013 10:05 AM

Thanks for the information.

Roadhog 07-09-2013 11:49 AM

Every time I rocket or plummet into an emergency situation, I learn something new.

After a while, you gotta watch that you don't get hooked on the adrenaline. :)