Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Do you "fudge" your logs? Keep double, triple ... books? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/4257-do-you-fudge-your-logs-keep-double-triple-books.html)

Skywalker 11-07-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raafi
thats what i thought too, kc

its just that lately, with me finding out that a weigh station can command that you pull down your pants, i am beginning to expect anything these days

If they do....Moon em' dude!! In fact, flash them a "growler"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uturn2001 11-08-2007 12:48 AM

There is so much BS information being passed around about things like the QC and prepass etc it makes my head hurt sometimes.

Things like:
Quote:

QUALCOMM and that would tell him when and where i was at any given time
:roll: :roll:

Skywalker 11-08-2007 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001
There is so much BS information being passed around about things like the QC and prepass etc it makes my head hurt sometimes.

Things like:
Quote:

I think, or believe, or whatever...that a Qualcomm unit or Mmax unit can be set to "poll" the unit in question for its position at set intervals, or not at all. Its the user's choice. User is defined as the company or owner of the truck. If the unit does not poll on a specific time frame, no one knows "squat".

Ours are set to poll at 45 minute intervals... so you can see that no-one knows where we are at "any given moment". A lot can happen in 45 minutes. :shock:

All Prepass can do is identify the date, the hour, the minute and the second that you passed under the sensors. I know that as fact, since I had my own for quite some time...and the invoice showed where and exactly when it registered.

kc0iv 11-08-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001

Things like:
Quote:

I think, or believe, or whatever...that a Qualcomm unit or Mmax unit can be set to "poll" the unit in question for its position at set intervals, or not at all. Its the user's choice. User is defined as the company or owner of the truck. If the unit does not poll on a specific time frame, no one knows "squat".

Ours are set to poll at 45 minute intervals... so you can see that no-one knows where we are at "any given moment". A lot can happen in 45 minutes. :shock:

All Prepass can do is identify the date, the hour, the minute and the second that you passed under the sensors. I know that as fact, since I had my own for quite some time...and the invoice showed where and exactly when it registered.

Skywalker and Uturn2001 I agree. Qualcomm can be set, by the COMPANY, to send any piece of data it is programmed to transmit. What it CAN'T do is store this data so that some D.O.T. cop and read it out. However, Qualcomm corporation does store ALL transmission to and from each unit. And as such, for a fee, Qualcomm corporation will supply this information. What I haven't ever been able to find out is how long Qualcomm corporation stores this information.

Prepass does indeed transmit all information to the Prepass computer for billing information. What it CAN NOT do is send this information to another scale house. Secondly, once the bill is paid all data is destroyed. In most cases the scale house sends this information once a day to the Prepass computer. Another tail told by truckers is that Prepass records the speed. Well it don't. What I have seen is a few area where the highway patrol have mounted radar units near the scale house. From what I understand it hasn't been that successful.

kc0iv

Fredog 11-08-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:

Originally Posted by LA to Cleveland
Hey drivers, not intending to sidetrack the discussion, but - on another thread similar to this one someone did say to watch what you write...something about never knowing if any of the feds are also interested...

You are required to log WHERE the duty status changes are.. not WHAT you are doing. Of course you are legally required to log a post trip.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I THINK he meant.... watch what you admit to here on the forum! :wink:

I do believe you're right GH.... I wonder...is that why that dark blue/black Crown Vic with the little chrome hubcaps follows me around wherever I go?? The guys in it are real shifty...wear sunglasses and look a lot like the "Blues Brothers/MIB"???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is Radio Ray and his brother looking for 10 meter radios

Skywalker 11-08-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog

that is Radio Ray and his brother looking for 10 meter radios

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: