Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   May Trucking? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/41752-may-trucking.html)

old mover 08-31-2011 03:03 PM

May Trucking?

Ok, I'm running into issues with finding employment. I'm a recent grad with doubles-triples,tanker and hazmat. can anyone help me? oh, my dumb a** got a felony 25 years ago :ranting::banghead:

Orangetxguy 08-31-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old mover (Post 502442)
Ok, I'm running into issues with finding employment. I'm a recent grad with doubles-triples,tanker and hazmat. can anyone help me? oh, my dumb a** got a felony 25 years ago :ranting::banghead:

Unless that felony was murder...or related.....you shouldn't have an issue. Unless of course there is other "stuff".

Go up to Mount Vernon and talk with Brown Line.

freebirdrfd 09-01-2011 02:52 AM

What does a 25 year old felony have to do with anything?

old mover 09-01-2011 03:37 AM

well considering the fact that even crengland wont give a call back, I'm thinking it has a lot to do with everything...but,heh, who am I to know?

freebirdrfd 09-01-2011 12:22 PM

Go to the top of this page and look at company listings. Check out what each company has to say about felonies.

Sharlie 09-01-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old mover (Post 502481)
well considering the fact that even crengland wont give a call back, I'm thinking it has a lot to do with everything...but,heh, who am I to know?

Consider it a blessing :)

old mover 09-02-2011 02:44 AM

Well, I've gone and done it now...sent my app off to Maytrucking...yeah I know..."you May get paid and you may not", But if they call back at least I'll get some OTR under the belt.

4roses 09-02-2011 03:01 AM

oldmover .... for the most part May is a decent company .. I drove for them back in the 90's ... they treated me good. The only complaint I had was ... they were out of Oregan and I live in Oklahoma ... so I couldn't get home as easy as others that lived closer to the terminal ... But I knew that might be an issue when I started with them ... but I was happy there........ the bottom line ......... No company is perfect ... neither is life ... We make it what it is, who ever hires you .. go with a good frame of mind and block any negative energy people want to throw out at ya about who your working for .... It's Your Life .... make it a good one .. Good Luck.

old mover 09-02-2011 03:35 AM

I know they were a good company Roses...My ex-inlaws use to work for them...but from what I have heard...they are having troubles in the pay department right now...honestly, I would not mind working for them