Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Run'n I-29 North out of S. Joe to Sioux City (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/41543-runn-i-29-north-out-s-joe-sioux-city.html)

jimjim 07-22-2011 01:21 PM

Run'n I-29 North out of S. Joe to Sioux City

The title ask's the question. What hiway are they running trucks between St. Joe and Sioux City with all the flooding goin on. I got friends that are from down south, going to Sturgis, SD for the motorcycle rally, pulling a big trailer behind their bus, looking for the best way to get up that way. Figured I'd ask the experts in here! Thanks

jimjim 07-23-2011 07:06 PM

Nevermind! Got him headed up thru Kansas and Nebraska on 75. All the experts must be stuck in the mud....Thanks driver!

Orangetxguy 07-24-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjim (Post 500665)
Nevermind! Got him headed up thru Kansas and Nebraska on 75. All the experts must be stuck in the mud....Thanks driver!

Thing about is.......
Quote:

The title ask's the question. What hiway are they running trucks between St. Joe and Sioux City with all the flooding goin on. I got friends that are from down south, going to Sturgis, SD

"Down south" to Sturgis leaves a ton of highway to advise. South of where.....South where??? If your coming from Georgia......they would have just shot up I-24 to I-57 to I-74 to I-80 and come across I-80 from there. From down here in Texas.....why would they be concerned about flooding around Saint Joe? They planned on taking the long way north??

Specifics count.

mitchno1 07-24-2011 06:05 AM

thought i read in papers and heard in here you lot in major heatwave and drought and that global warming on your minds haha

jimjim 07-24-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 500680)
Thing about is.......

"Down south" to Sturgis leaves a ton of highway to advise. South of where.....South where??? If your coming from Georgia......they would have just shot up I-24 to I-57 to I-74 to I-80 and come across I-80 from there. From down here in Texas.....why would they be concerned about flooding around Saint Joe? They planned on taking the long way north??

Specifics count.

You are right, should'a been more specific. They live in Rogers, Arkansas, USUALLY travel up 71 to KC, then 29 to Sioux Falls, then 90 across to Rapid. Wants to run the same route as much as possible.....didn't ask! Something about stopping in Mitchell at the titty club..... Thanks for the response, but I thinks we got it covered. The rally ain't for another two weeks, hell, maybe they will have it open by Rock Port, MO. and north of Omaha.