Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Getting Out (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/40729-getting-out.html)

chain binder 12-19-2010 12:57 AM

Getting Out

Ladies and Gentlemen it has been fun,but a time comes for the fun to stop.I have been driving for 10 years,mainly flatbeds.The company I was driving for Carlisle is a great company.I hauled a load to their Fairbanks terminal about a month ago.While there I feel off the top of the load and tore myself up pretty good.I am healing,and will recover.Have an oppurtunity to start my own small business and I am taking it.Going to start a Mobile Oil Changing business.Will keep in touch.Everyone take care.MERRY Christmas

Malaki86 12-19-2010 01:12 AM

Best of luck to you in your new ventures. May the money roll in well for you.

bentstrider 12-19-2010 05:47 AM

As bad as your spill sounds, the mobile oil-change thing sounds like a good deal, especially up in those parts.

Steel Horse Cowboy 12-20-2010 12:47 AM

I have been contemplating either opening my own garage or selling the rig and buying a wrecker and doing that. This OTR is taking it's toll on me, and I can't seem to start a family since all the women leave cuz I'm never home.... LOL

strawberryrhubarbpie 12-21-2010 03:11 PM

I was born in Fairbanks, but I grew up in the interior of Alaska. They are experiencing some really cold weather right now. My dad lives there now, and my mom lives even further north. Anyway, I think that any time you have a chance to work for yourself, go for it. You might put in twice as many hours into it, but when it's yours it feels good. You are not pouring your heart and sweat into someone else's paycheck. Good luck!

freebirdrfd 12-23-2010 07:26 PM

Good luck with the new venture. I hope you heal quickly. :smokin:

chain binder 12-25-2010 02:29 AM

Thanks everybody.I need to clear one thing up.The company I drove for had a terminal in Alaska.That was where I was when I fell off the load.I am from Texas.No way would I do mobile oil change in Alaska.I am healing faster than I figured.

Luzon 12-27-2010 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chain binder (Post 491102)
Ladies and Gentlemen it has been fun,but a time comes for the fun to stop.I have been driving for 10 years,mainly flatbeds.The company I was driving for Carlisle is a great company.I hauled a load to their Fairbanks terminal about a month ago.While there I feel off the top of the load and tore myself up pretty good.I am healing,and will recover.Have an oppurtunity to start my own small business and I am taking it.Going to start a Mobile Oil Changing business.Will keep in touch.Everyone take care.MERRY Christmas

I had a mobile oil change biz back between 95-97. I can be a great business if done right and you go after the right customers. Good luck.

Steel Horse Cowboy 12-28-2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chain binder (Post 491431)
Thanks everybody.I need to clear one thing up.The company I drove for had a terminal in Alaska.That was where I was when I fell off the load.I am from Texas.No way would I do mobile oil change in Alaska.I am healing faster than I figured.

Depends on where your AT in Texas..... I'd hate to be under a car and one of them gators comes up to meet you for some face time LOL. I had one outside my rig at the Ganado T/A a few months back. Just a little 2' guy, but I know MAMA was close by I'm sure. Seen em sunbathing along US59 and around 13' long they are hard to miss.

GMAN 12-29-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy (Post 491539)
Depends on where your AT in Texas..... I'd hate to be under a car and one of them gators comes up to meet you for some face time LOL. I had one outside my rig at the Ganado T/A a few months back. Just a little 2' guy, but I know MAMA was close by I'm sure. Seen em sunbathing along US59 and around 13' long they are hard to miss.

You can see gators along Alligator Alley in south Florida. I have seen a few that made their way on the interstate. I actually ran over one that had been killed once. That was a good bump, even though it wasn't all that large of an alligator. :eek2: