Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   If you've been to the West Memphis, Ar truck stops you've heard it on the CB (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/40557-if-youve-been-west-memphis-ar-truck-stops-youve-heard-cb.html)

Lost_in_Ohio 10-24-2010 05:06 AM

If you've been to the West Memphis, Ar truck stops you've heard it on the CB

What's with the nonstop relentless offers of dope over the CB? Everyone knows its the police but do they do that all day everyday? That is annoying.

I was there last year and I heard it and I thought it was just a one time thing but I was there last week and it sounded almost like the same person.

Mr. Ford95 10-24-2010 12:04 PM

You certain it's the police then?

Everybody needs some good dope every now and then in order to put up with the BS some of us go thru with our companies. ;)

freebirdrfd 10-24-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost_in_Ohio (Post 488595)
What's with the nonstop relentless offers of dope over the CB? Everyone knows its the police but do they do that all day everyday? That is annoying.

I was there last year and I heard it and I thought it was just a one time thing but I was there last week and it sounded almost like the same person.

What makes you so sure it's the Police?????? You are in West Memphis Arkansas.. There are a lot of drugs around the Flying-J.. Both sides of the river are full of scum bags wether it be Memphis TN. or W.Memphis AR. :smokin:

RostyC 10-24-2010 01:03 PM

Any Elvis sightings?

Malaki86 10-24-2010 02:41 PM

For some reason my radio never picks up any of the cb traffic there. It might be because I turn it off at least a couple miles before I reach W. Memphis. Not sure though - my radio is crappy anyway, but pretty much narrowed it down to the fact it's turned off.

repete 10-25-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 488611)
For some reason my radio never picks up any of the cb traffic there. It might be because I turn it off at least a couple miles before I reach W. Memphis. Not sure though - my radio is crappy anyway, but pretty much narrowed it down to the fact it's turned off.

I too have the same problem with my cb, And I don't get any where near Ar. I wonder if there the same brand?

TK THE TRUCKER 10-25-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 488611)

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete (Post 488644)
I too have the same problem with my cb, And I don't get any where near Ar. I wonder if there the same brand?

Weird. I have the same issue. I had mine peaked and tuned, maybe they messed it up ? Is it possible it's because my cb is sitting in my basement and I'm not currently on the road right now? I can't figure it out, it's too much for me to handle.

geeshock 10-26-2010 02:10 AM

heh, well I hear all the BS but I develop selective hearing. How do you know you have the CB on WAY to much. your brain filters out all the garbage, which seems to be alot.

repete 10-26-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER (Post 488666)
Weird. I have the same issue. I had mine peaked and tuned, maybe they messed it up ? Is it possible it's because my cb is sitting in my basement and I'm not currently on the road right now? I can't figure it out, it's too much for me to handle.

You can't get good reception with it in the basement silly

chain binder 10-26-2010 03:42 PM

Best thing about West Memphis is seeing it in your rearview mirror.Used to pick up sheetrock there,then get the heck out of there.