Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Should I wait? Or is now a good time to get back into trucking? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/40411-should-i-wait-now-good-time-get-back-into-trucking.html)

Cluggy619 09-15-2010 04:21 PM

Should I wait? Or is now a good time to get back into trucking?

Hey all. Here's the deal. My last local driving job ended on Dec. 2008, just after Christmas. My DL was trashed with 2 tickets and 2 accidents. So after getting rejected over and over again, I just gave up.

Now it's Sept 2010, and one of the accidents fell off my DL. With one ticket dropping in July 2011, and the last accident and ticket falling off in Sept. 2011, I'm wondering if I should just wait until the fall off, or try again? I'm setup up pretty well so I won't lose anything by waiting....

Or does the amount of time off hurt me in the long run?

I'm so bored right now I'm even considering JB Hunt....:lol::lol::lol:

Sheepdancer 09-15-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cluggy619 (Post 486947)
Hey all. Here's the deal. My last local driving job ended on Dec. 2008, just after Christmas. My DL was trashed with 2 tickets and 2 accidents. So after getting rejected over and over again, I just gave up.

Now it's Sept 2010, and one of the accidents fell off my DL. With one ticket dropping in July 2011, and the last accident and ticket falling off in Sept. 2011, I'm wondering if I should just wait until the fall off, or try again? I'm setup up pretty well so I won't lose anything by waiting....

Or does the amount of time off hurt me in the long run?

I'm so bored right now I'm even considering JB Hunt....:lol::lol::lol:

Ok Cluggy,
I will answer your question when I stop laughing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!
Ok, I think im done... wait.....giggle, giggle giggle...snort.

Wouldnt that be funny after all these years you needed me to find you a job? I just got back into recruiting.
No one is going to take you now, even JB Hunt.
And yes its a good time to get back into trucking, just not for you.
If you are serious about getting back into trucking, go take a refresher course, then send me an PM proclaim me "KING OF ALL THINGS TRUCKING" and beg a little bit. After that I will put you at USA truck where you will be considered a newbie once again. After 6 months of OTR driving, send me an email again and Proclaim me "Sheedancer...the Epitome of Manhood and God of things with wheels" and then I will get you a local job in the Dallas area. Also, I think I will want at least 3 large Pizzas.

Sincerly,
Your bestest buddy
Sheepdancer

repete 09-15-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer (Post 486948)
Ok Cluggy,
I will answer your question when I stop laughing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!
Ok, I think im done... wait.....giggle, giggle giggle...snort.

Wouldnt that be funny after all these years you needed me to find you a job? I just got back into recruiting.
No one is going to take you now, even JB Hunt.
And yes its a good time to get back into trucking, just not for you.
If you are serious about getting back into trucking, go take a refresher course, then send me an PM proclaim me "KING OF ALL THINGS TRUCKING" and beg a little bit. After that I will put you at USA truck where you will be considered a newbie once again. After 6 months of OTR driving, send me an email again and Proclaim me "Sheedancer...the Epitome of Manhood and God of things with wheels" and then I will get you a local job in the Dallas area. Also, I think I will want at least 3 large Pizzas.

Sincerly,
Your bestest buddy
Sheepdancer

WOW glad I'm not looking for a job!! USA and proclaiming you "king" all right but 3 PIZZA's????

Sharlie 09-15-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer (Post 486948)
then send me an PM proclaim me "KING OF ALL THINGS TRUCKING" and beg a little bit.

Quote:

again. send me an email again and Proclaim me "Sheedancer...the Epitome of Manhood and god of things with wheels" and then I will get you a local job in the Dallas area.
Can I make a wish too, Oh Sheepdancer, King of all things trucking, epitome of Manhood and god of things with wheels?

PS
Do you mind of if I abbreviate your name? OKOFATTEOMAGOTWW

Cluggy
Best of Luck to you!

GMAN 09-16-2010 03:06 AM

It may be difficult to find something with two tickets and one accident still on you mvr, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the type of ticket. My guess is that it will still be difficult until at least one, if not both of those tickets drop off. The only way to know for sure is to start making phone calls and knocking on doors. The worst that can happen is that you wil be turned down, given 100 lashes and forced to walk the plank over shark infested waters. You never know, someone may be willing to give you another chance.

Cluggy619 09-22-2010 05:00 PM

Well, thanks, everyone.....even dances with the barn yard animals.

I'll let you know what happens from here...:)

Ridge Runner 09-22-2010 11:40 PM

Logging on to CAD........$0.00
Trashing 99% of the OTR members here.....$0.00

Coming back and asking the members he trashed for help..........PRICELESS!!!

Pack_Rat2 09-24-2010 10:20 AM

I think JB Hunt is hiring janitors.

Cluggy619 09-29-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 487283)
Logging on to CAD........$0.00
Trashing 99% of the OTR members here.....$0.00

Coming back and asking the members he trashed for help..........PRICELESS!!!

Yes, I guess it has been a long while.....

My memory has faded......

Kurbski 10-03-2010 12:56 PM

ROFLMAO you jb hatin, yeehaw lookin, knuckle draggin cb rambo. Try the can haulers around Hutchins and talk to some drivers. My foreign language skills are improving this weekend. They pull into the jack in the box... pronounced "yackinabock" just S of I 20 and jump right back on I 45 all day long. Ridge summed it up pretty good...LOL