Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Wages need to go up ?? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/40345-wages-need-go-up.html)

GMAN 09-18-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 487043)
It is when you have to work 70+ hrs week after week to get it.

It is only 30 hours working if you are in a union, mackman. Work 30 paid for 70. :lol:

golfhobo 09-18-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 487043)
It is when you have to work 70+ hrs week after week to get it.

When are you gonna get this RIGHT, Mackman? Look at your OWN sigline! You LOG 70! You have to WORK nearly 100!

ME? I WORK only about 50. Sometimes, less. And I log what I work.... sort of! ;)

Besides.... aren't you UNION now?

Mackman 09-18-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 487048)
When are you gonna get this RIGHT, Mackman? Look at your OWN sigline! You LOG 70! You have to WORK nearly 100!

ME? I WORK only about 50. Sometimes, less. And I log what I work.... sort of! ;)

Besides.... aren't you UNION now?

I was Union. But i bought my own truck. So now im an O/O and loving it. But if i ever had to go back to a company driver UNION is the only way to go.

DaveP 09-19-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 487080)
I was Union. But i bought my own truck. So now im an O/O and loving it. But if i ever had to go back to a company driver UNION is the only way to go.

Nowwww let's see you put your money where you're mouth is.

Get your truck all paid for and get yourself another one.

Hire yourself a driver for that second truck......and pay him/her UNION WAGES.

Bigmon 09-19-2010 02:27 PM

If wages go up more people will get into trucking creating wages to go back down.

Mackman 09-19-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 487082)
Nowwww let's see you put your money where you're mouth is.

Get your truck all paid for and get yourself another one.

Hire yourself a driver for that second truck......and pay him/her UNION WAGES.

Well if i would ever gewt a 2nd truck. I would give that driver a fair wage. If i could afford it. If i cant afford it. I wont get a 2nd truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmon (Post 487109)
If wages go up more people will get into trucking creating wages to go back down.

Thats BS right there. If we got paid good then it would be harder to get a trucking job. It would not bring wages down.

Ronin 09-19-2010 06:04 PM

It depends. If drivers are needed and wages go up as a result more applicants will come until the demand is met by supply then wages fall.
If you could somehow force the wages to be static without bankrupting the employer (lol@ABF) then hiring standards would go up and fewer would be accepted.