Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Trains vs Trucks Make Good Photo Ops (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/39930-trains-vs-trucks-make-good-photo-ops.html)

cdswans 05-15-2010 01:59 AM

Trains vs Trucks Make Good Photo Ops

This was yesterday in North Carolina. It isn't hard to imagine how much worse this could have been . .

Photos Capture Moments Before, After Amtrak Crash - WGHP

This is today in Detroit . .

4 hurt as truck, train crash in Detroit | detnews.com | The Detroit News

The NC wreck appears to be self explanatory. The low boy either got hung up or broke down on the tracks.

In the Detroit wreck, the truck driver claims the train jumped it's track and came after him. The investigation continues.

Fredog 05-15-2010 01:53 PM

The kid who took the pictures is a high school student studying photography, I see an A+ in her future

Mr. Ford95 05-15-2010 03:45 PM

I bet that Carolina one hurt something fierce for the train. That Ex is not a wimpy opponent against a train as you can see by pic 13 in the gallery. The Ex is still in decent shape, needs a new track and some side body work.

Mackman 05-16-2010 05:17 PM

That does happen time to time with an RGN. It doesnt take much to get hung up on things. You can see the driver at the trailer trying to rise the trailer up to get off the tracks. Guess he wasnt fast enough.

When i drove RGN at my last company if i came to RR crossing I used to hammer down. Then you just kinda glide over them.

coalregion 05-16-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 480949)
I bet that Carolina one hurt something fierce for the train. That Ex is not a wimpy opponent against a train as you can see by pic 13 in the gallery. The Ex is still in decent shape, needs a new track and some side body work.

I belive thats the exact excavator I run at work sometimes. Only ours has an extended reach boom for dipping silt out of a silt dam. You're correct in that they are beasts.

ronjon619 05-16-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 481000)
That does happen time to time with an RGN. It doesnt take much to get hung up on things. You can see the driver at the trailer trying to rise the trailer up to get off the tracks. Guess he wasnt fast enough.

When i drove RGN at my last company if i came to RR crossing I used to hammer down. Then you just kinda glide over them.

or come across at an angle........carhaulers have a hard time with them also.......
Train severs carhauler stuck on tracks TransportFool

Kranky 05-16-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619 (Post 481009)
or come across at an angle........carhaulers have a hard time with them also.......
Train severs carhauler stuck on tracks TransportFool

I would imagine it would be even worse if you get a car hauler trailer hung up, there's no possibility of jacking it up with hydraulics like with a RGN trailer.

b00m 06-02-2010 07:57 PM

Man that sucks!Someone had a really bad day!Thankfully nobody was killed.

BCtruckin 06-03-2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b00m (Post 481750)
Man that sucks!Someone had a really bad day!Thankfully nobody was killed.

i can only imagine how much damage was caused to the cars..and that they were all lexuss', huge repair bill on the way

cdswans 06-04-2010 06:22 PM

Trucker survives train collision | GJSentinel.com

This story is from yesterday in CO and it includes an interview with the driver.

Somethin' tells me he isn't being entirely truthful . .