Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   I need to know about Werner (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/39880-i-need-know-about-werner.html)

JALI2005 05-01-2010 07:04 PM

I need to know about Werner

I graduated from a truck driving school in Florida on 4/23/2010. Werner sent me a "pre-approved letter in the mail saying I been approved for a driving job upon further background check.(what are they looking for if they approved me) and all I know is the pay sucks but I need to start somewhere so can anyone please help me...

Orangetxguy 05-01-2010 08:33 PM

Florida based trucking companies......

Florilli Transportation, LLC

Armellini Floral Transportation Freight Refrigerated Trucking Florida

Davis Transfer Company, Inc. | Large Enough to service your needs...Small enough to care

Maybe that could help you find something...better??

JALI2005 05-01-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 480041)

Thanks..... I will apply with them...

Sealord 05-03-2010 12:22 AM

Werner

"pre-approved letter in the mail saying I been approved for a driving job upon further background check" Now you understand the worth of a "pre-approval" letter. Most companies hiring newbies don't do a check of their potential employee (driver) until you are at their orientation site. When they find out a newbie doesn't meet their hiring standards, it's usually on the newb to find/get his own way home. Was National or Roadmaster the school you attended? BOL

Ronin 05-03-2010 10:27 AM

Consider also going through the placement service available at the school, just avoid the largest carriers at all costs. (Werner, Swift, Schneider, Knight, CR England, you get the idea)

Kevin0915 05-03-2010 01:56 PM

and unless things have changed, which probably havent....say you DO get thru orientation, and get on a mentor's truck. after your on road training with them, you'll sit and sit and sit for a truck. Then when you speak up and ask when you're getting a truck (after a week or two of sitting at home) they'll tell ya, "we dont have any trucks so your options are either go back out with a mentor for another 2-4 weeks, or look for another company to drive for." It was like that a year ago, and i can only imagine its the same way now....maybe slightly better.

VPIDarkAngel 05-03-2010 04:20 PM

Last I checked, the guys that were testing out at Allentown only had to wait a day or two (and that was only on repairs, not truck assignments). So yes, things have changed.
As for the OP, they may be setting you up to pull DG out of Alachua. Good luck either way.

JALI2005 05-03-2010 05:42 PM

I went to NBI truck driving school in Winter Haven Fl

Useless 05-06-2010 04:23 PM

Sorry, Double Post

Useless 05-06-2010 04:24 PM

WERNER:

WE
Ruin
Nearly
Every
Rookie