Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   how will i get 18-wheeler driving experience (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/39448-how-will-i-get-18-wheeler-driving-experience.html)

gulfinc 01-28-2010 08:48 AM

how will i get 18-wheeler driving experience

i went to the dmv,took the class a cdl test i passed it, then i went to a third party tester
took the road test 4 times then i passed,an now i have my class a cdl with hazmat an tanker an twic with only about 10 hours,drive time
if any one can help me , im 26 white male, i will drive your truck for far an long for dirt cheap, work on your trucks change the oil, sorry i will not do any sexual stuff,
right now im at a deadend job that is taking me no where in life.....anyone has any ideas....i need all the help i can get right now!!!!! email me vsalvage at gmail.com

Sealord 01-28-2010 12:07 PM

Get Hired

Sounds like you did not go to a drving school, you thought you could take a shortcut to get a CDL. Most entry level companies looking for new hires will accept school grads with a minimum of 160 hours training. It's mainly the company's insurers making that requirement. Have you applied to the entry level companies like Warner, Swift, etc. You apparently don't know that the requirement for new drivers is down due to the economy, many small and some big trucking companies have gone out of business, there's a glut of experienced drivers who you're in competition with for that entry level driving job. Have you considered going to the oil and gas fields in Wyoming and North Dakota to drive oil patch trucks or start with a menial job with an oil/gas services company and work your way up to driver? The upside is you still have a job. Count your blessings. BOL

gulfinc 01-29-2010 07:39 AM

?

??????????????????????????????

Biscuit Lips 01-29-2010 05:05 PM

Go work for a moving company or something.

Ronin 01-29-2010 08:08 PM

what sealord said.

USMCRebelGuardnU 02-02-2010 07:52 AM

I'll third what Sealord said, but I also think that Biscuit gave good advice. I spent 3 months as a laborer with a moving company, and really, if you can find a below-bottom-of-shelf moving company, they would jump at the chance to get a CDL driver. I would say that would be a place to start, at least until either you get the time in the seat, and/or the economy improves.

Orangetxguy 02-02-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gulfinc (Post 473710)
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????

Did your key stick or something? (MUST HAVE...TF FIXED IT)

Does Louisiana have a special program for the number of times you can fail a driving test? 3 is usually the charm, before you are required to re-certify at your school.
Quote:

( i went to the dmv,took the class a cdl test i passed it, then i went to a third party tester
took the road test 4 times then i passed,an now i have my class a cdl with hazmat an tanker an twic )
You live in the right area for finding a small company that will hire you...just get out there and bang on doors. There are plenty of outfits in Louisiana looking for cheap labor.

Sealord 02-03-2010 12:15 PM

Get 18-wheeler Experience

Orangetxguy,
I don't think Gulfinc went to a school. I think he shortcut the system, figuring he was smarter than the average Cajun, and now wonders why he can't get hired without documented training. It's happened before. BOL

heavyhaulerss 02-03-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gulfinc (Post 473650)
i went to the dmv,took the class a cdl test i passed it, then i went to a third party tester
took the road test 4 times then i passed,an now i have my class a cdl with hazmat an tanker an twic with only about 10 hours,drive time
if any one can help me , im 26 white male, i will drive your truck for far an long for dirt cheap, work on your trucks change the oil, sorry i will not do any sexual stuff,
right now im at a deadend job that is taking me no where in life.....anyone has any ideas....i need all the help i can get right now!!!!! email me vsalvage at gmail.com

This is a joke right? took u 4 try's before you could pass the road test ?

Orangetxguy 02-03-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sealord (Post 474155)
Orangetxguy,
I don't think Gulfinc went to a school. I think he shortcut the system, figuring he was smarter than the average Cajun, and now wonders why he can't get hired without documented training. It's happened before. BOL

Hehehe! I was aware of that aspect Sea!! I was sorta wondering though....doesn't the DMV require proof of having been through a certified CDL program, before they issue the license?

I sort of thought that was the whole issue with Swift, when their school in Memphis got took down a couple winters ago. :confused: :confused:

But...you're right....being in the Bayou's may give him an edge!