Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   It is sn*wing in MA. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/38897-sn%2Awing-ma.html)

PA 10-16-2009 01:04 AM

It is sn*wing in MA.

Started as rain and turned to sn*w. Sturbridge, MA.
First time I saw it this season.
Anyone else getting the winter preview??

Mr. Ford95 10-16-2009 01:20 AM

Yeah it snowed down here in VA last night. Nothing stuck since it was 40 out

Kranky 10-16-2009 01:38 AM

It snowed Saturday and Monday here.

Temps were down in the 20's at night and Monday the high was 39.

Global Warming? I think not.

danske 10-16-2009 03:18 AM

Snowed in the Rockies and North Plain States last Friday and weekend.

Malaki86 10-16-2009 09:13 AM

I would've been running through the measurable stuff on I-99 & US 22 in PA if my truck hadn't broke down on me. Now my load is rescheduled and I'll go a different route to get me home instead of the delivery that was supposed to be 8am this am. I don't think I'll make it since I'm in Newburgh, NY with a turbo out.

Mr. Ford95 10-16-2009 10:02 AM

Father in law has been in Minneapolis this week, said it's been snowing off and on there. Danske, my buddy lives in Denver and went out on an elk hunting trip in that stuff over the weekend. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go when he heard wind chills at -2 and 8 inches of the white stuff being forecast where they were going but he went anyways. Dad was telling me that where I am in the middle of VA we got 3 inches of snow on Oct. 10th, 1978 so it's not uncommon to get an early snow and "global warming" ain't the cause.

Double R 10-16-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 465455)
I would've been running through the measurable stuff on I-99 & US 22 in PA if my truck hadn't broke down on me. Now my load is rescheduled and I'll go a different route to get me home instead of the delivery that was supposed to be 8am this am. I don't think I'll make it since I'm in Newburgh, NY with a turbo out.

Be glad the turbo went out. State College and that area got six inches of heavy wet snow. Roads covered, trees and power lines down. Just think, next week it will be in the 60's around here:D.

Only show a few flakes this morning right above Pittsburgh, other then that, just light rain and cold.

avguy 10-17-2009 01:32 AM

Got some last night, but it didn't stick.

It's unusual to see snow before Halloween in this part of NY.

Malaki86 10-17-2009 03:43 AM

It's fun working for a small company at times [/sarcasm]

Went to Freightliner this morning in Newburgh, NY. The estimate for repairing the truck (turbo, egr & charge air cooler) was $5,600. My company didn't want to pay that much to have it fixed on the road. So, they had me bobtail it to our shop 450 miles away. Tomorrow morning I get to hop in another truck, bobtail back to Newburgh and pick up my loaded trailer that's at the Freightliner shop. I then get to pull that back to our yard so someone else can deliver it on Monday. I was supposed to deliver it, but I'll be right at 70 hours for the week and won't gain any hours until Monday at midnight.

The funny part was my dispatcher. He said the company would pay me breakdown pay for doing this. I said there was no way in hell I was going to drive 900 miles extra on this load for the $20 per day they pay for breakdown. I told him that they needed to get me a tow for the rig if that's all they were paying me to do it. So, they gave me a ComChek for $350 for the extra miles instead.

Kranky 10-17-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 465522)

The funny part was my dispatcher. He said the company would pay me breakdown pay for doing this. I said there was no way in hell I was going to drive 900 miles extra on this load for the $20 per day they pay for breakdown. I told him that they needed to get me a tow for the rig if that's all they were paying me to do it. So, they gave me a ComChek for $350 for the extra miles instead.

That's pretty sad that they would try to get somebody to do that.

Trouble is, some poor b*****d probably would do it.