Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   OK, Ok, ok . . but did you at least see the . . (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/38481-ok-ok-ok-but-did-you-least-see.html)

cdswans 08-12-2009 01:49 AM

OK, Ok, ok . . but did you at least see the . .

. . lawn?

Should this be a poll question? Do you watch your tandems in a tight turn?

Milford man, 93, knocked off mower by tractor-trailer - Milford, MA - The Milford Daily News

GMAFB!

SickRick 08-12-2009 02:39 AM

This thread is USELESS without

PICTURES...

Rick

Kevin0915 08-12-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickRick (Post 458848)
This thread is USELESS without

PICTURES...

Rick

agreed....but to answer the OPs question....no i dont watch the tandems........i watch EVERYTHING i can from the 5th wheel on back.

Syncrosonix 08-12-2009 02:46 PM

http://hdforums.com/forum/attachment...ut-pichers.jpg

thebaldeagle655 08-12-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 458881)
agreed....but to answer the OPs question....no i dont watch the tandems........i watch EVERYTHING i can from the 5th wheel on back.

I watch EVERYTHING from the FRONT BUMPER on back!!!!!

dobry4u 08-12-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syncrosonix (Post 458899)

lmao!

dobry4u 08-12-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655 (Post 458900)

and the GAUGES! ;)

Malaki86 08-12-2009 03:02 PM

Not me - that's what my GPS is for!!!

Kevin0915 08-12-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655 (Post 458900)

front bumper in your side mirrors?? hell, you cant even see your front bumper in your fender mirrors......hmmmm....go figure.

repete 08-13-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 458927)
front bumper in your side mirrors?? hell, you cant even see your front bumper in your fender mirrors......hmmmm....go figure.

You need to readjust them!!

BIG JEEP on 44's 08-13-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete (Post 459046)

I watch my front bumper in my California mirrors ,But not my flat or convex mirrors on the side of the tractors cab ...I don't see how you could see your fenders/bumper in a mirror facing the opposite direction ?...please elaborate on how this is done with a picture . Maybe you mean California Mirrors not side mirrors ?

Kevin0915 08-13-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete (Post 459046)

please tell me how you're to see your front bumper in any of your mirrors. your fisheye/fender mirrors are pointed as close to your steer tire as possible (at least thats what i do...but i know according to Hawk and his special 'friends' it must be wrong)...so how are you to see your front bumper...and i mean your front bumper where you're license plate is at....in your mirrors.....

BIG JEEP on 44's 08-13-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 459057)
please tell me how you're to see your front bumper in any of your mirrors. your fisheye/fender mirrors are pointed as close to your steer tire as possible (at least thats what i do...but i know according to Hawk and his special 'friends' it must be wrong)...so how are you to see your front bumper...and i mean your front bumper where you're license plate is at....in your mirrors.....

Well if talking about California Mirrors ,and you have good ones yes you can see the entire fender and grill down to the pavement .

Biscuit Lips 08-20-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 459056)
I watch my front bumper in my California mirrors ,But not my flat or convex mirrors on the side of the tractors cab ...I don't see how you could see your fenders/bumper in a mirror facing the opposite direction ?...please elaborate on how this is done with a picture . Maybe you mean California Mirrors not side mirrors ?

Maybe he drives a cabover?

Jackrabbit379 08-20-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 458927)

What Bald Eagle means by that, is that he watches what is in front of him. It's quite simple, really. You just keep yourself from hitting anything that is in front of ya. With the exception of pigs, and deer. :p
I might be wrong, but I don't think Bald Eagle mentioned anything about his side mirrors.

GMAN 08-22-2009 01:27 AM

I once had a truck that I could see the front bumper with the fender mirrors.

repete 08-22-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 459056)

HMMM I guess my sorry attempt at sarcastic humor just didn't come across very well

Ford390pwr 08-22-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix (Post 458899)

Hey Synchro, that pic is hillarious! So let me guess, you must be the one on the right with no shirt??? And if that is you, did you also play the Caddy in Happy Gilmore?

I must say, you have a very interesting array of images and pics that you use!

Ford390pwr 08-22-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdswans (Post 458843)
. . lawn?

Should this be a poll question? Do you watch your tandems in a tight turn?

Milford man, 93, knocked off mower by tractor-trailer - Milford, MA - The Milford Daily News

GMAFB!

I just had to add to this original post! I finally got the news article to load and saw this comment posted under it:

Quote:

uh
Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible for rig drivers to see most of what goes on around them.

Thankfully people waved him down, because he would have left otherwise.

Last year a woman walked into the truck while I was driving and her head was squeezed between the two rear tires. She was killed instantly. We had driven maybe another 15 or 20 minutes when a cruiser pulled us over and told us the news. We asked to be taken in the cruiser to see her family who had been with her at the time. It was a devastating thing to see.

Thankfully this gentleman is O.K. and had someone looking out for him.

SickRick 08-22-2009 04:35 PM

Watching BJ & Kevin debate each other in this thread reminds me of the days BEFORE they had "special ed" classes for those "special" children...

Rick

Syncrosonix 08-22-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford390pwr (Post 460021)
Hey Synchro, that pic is hillarious! So let me guess, you must be the one on the right with no shirt??? And if that is you, did you also play the Caddy in Happy Gilmore?

I must say, you have a very interesting array of images and pics that you use!

nah, i'm the one in the orange shirt. i gotta have my hands up, ya know?