Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Turned down again (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/37725-turned-down-again.html)

GMAN 05-02-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 448385)
Wow! I'm in exact agreement with GDOG! Same way at my schools growing up. I remember lunch was .30 cents and we would have something like grilled chicken, peas, carrots, corn, a roll and a fruit dessert. The old ladies in the cafeteria made it all right on the spot. Good stuff for the most part. To this day, still the best dinner rolls that I have ever had! If you wanted an extra milk? 3 cents for white, 4 cents for chocolate. Extra hamburger was dime. LOL Hell, I'm beginning to sound like an old codger here GMAN! What am I to do? Roll with it? LOL;)

And here I thought you were just a kid, belpre. You are as old as dirt!! :lol:

Creek Jackson 05-02-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 448385)
Wow! I'm in exact agreement with GDOG! Same way at my schools growing up. I remember lunch was .30 cents and we would have something like grilled chicken, peas, carrots, corn, a roll and a fruit dessert. The old ladies in the cafeteria made it all right on the spot. Good stuff for the most part. To this day, still the best dinner rolls that I have ever had! If you wanted an extra milk? 3 cents for white, 4 cents for chocolate. Extra hamburger was dime. LOL Hell, I'm beginning to sound like an old codger here GMAN! What am I to do? Roll with it? LOL;)

Well dang it Belpre, it looks like I will have to muster up some new found respect for you. You probably aren't as old as I am, but you must be close.:lol:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...wtf_yellow.gif

matcat 05-02-2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 (Post 448393)
I started to say... I wished I coulda bought milk that cheap. :p
I don't even remember what an extra milk cost to be honest. 25 cents I think. My dad used to make my lunch every day. I remember one year for Christmas, I got a Dukes of Hazzard lunch box. I was in tall cotton. No more paper sacks.

I wouldn't have a clue what schools serve now days.

I drove through Hazard, KY yesterday ;)

Jackrabbit379 05-02-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigidsporty (Post 448538)
I had a Dukes lunch box in school... I think I still have it somewhere, I seen it not too long ago... cant remember if it was a metal one or a plastic one. I wonder if its worth anything? If memory serves I think its missing the thermos bottle.

I can't remember, to be honest. I also had an A-Team lunchbox, too. I got that one some years after I got the Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox. I know that one of them was plastic, and the other was metal. Can't remember which one though.

Ridge Runner 05-02-2009 04:26 AM

This may "date" me a little, but i had a "Gun Smoke" lunch box. :o

matcat 05-02-2009 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 448579)
This may "date" me a little, but i had a "Gun Smoke" lunch box. :o

Bring that to school today and they will suspend you and call child services to investigate your family.

belpre122 05-02-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 448545)
And here I thought you were just a kid, belpre. You are as old as dirt!! :lol:

LOL GMAN! Must be my rather immature posting style that has been throwing you off for so long! LOL

I still remember my metal lunch box. Hell, I even found it on the internet. Who'd a thought. WOw! That sure brings back some memories. Hey GMAN do you think that they will give me a free coffee thermos refill over at Carney's Point? (After we drop off MackDog's girl?:smokin:)

http://pmimages.worthpoint.com/thumb...f26a71a8f9.jpg
The Astronauts Lunchbox Metal Aladdin 1969 ?

Sold For:
Register or Sign In to see Price Data.
Date: 03/08/2007
Channel: Ebay
Source: Ebay

The Astronauts Lunchbox Metal Aladdin 1969 ?
great metal lunchbox black plastic handle black trim marked "The Astronauts" also marked "Aladdin Industries" has a quote from then President Nixon on the men landing on the moon 1969 2 different rais

GMAN 05-02-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 448603)

Hey GMAN do you think that they will give me a free coffee thermos refill over at Carney's Point? (After we drop off MackDog's girl?:smokin:)

If they won't give you a free thermos of coffee perhaps they will give you a senior citizens discount. :D

Jumbo 05-02-2009 09:21 PM

Gman has a Charlie Chaplin lunchbox. It is made out of solid rock.

GMAN 05-02-2009 10:45 PM

Well, I don't remember some of the milk or food prices but meals were pretty cheap when I was in school. I do remember having a metal lunch box when I was in elementary school, but don't recall the theme. Most of us ate at school.