Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   DAC/USIS and a company that goes under . (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/37201-dac-usis-company-goes-under.html)

BIG JEEP on 44's 02-21-2009 11:18 PM

DAC/USIS and a company that goes under .

I thought I remember reading that if a trucking company goes under (out of business completely) that DAC/USIS has to remove all the info reported to them by that company...Anyone know the deal ?

GMAN 02-21-2009 11:40 PM

I doubt that the information that they reported would be removed simply because they went out of business. Just because a company no longer exists doesn't necessarily mean that the information they reported doesn't have value. If there is something in your file that is not correct you can dispute the information as being incorrect. Like with the credit bureau they have 30 days in which to respond. Since the company is out of business I would not expect them to be able to respond. No response would likely result in the item being deleted, however, I would contact DAC directly and ask them. There is nothing like going to the horses mouth or to the source.

Nevermind 02-22-2009 01:25 PM

If a company no longer pays for DAC's (USIS') services, then DAC no longer includes that information on your report.

There is some kind of notation in that spot on the report that that particular company no longer uses/subscribes/or something.

Uturn2001 02-22-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

If a company no longer pays for DAC's (USIS') services, then DAC no longer includes that information on your report.
Nope. DAC does not charge for storing information. It charges for retrieving that information.

Any information reported by a company will stay in your file up to 10 years regardless if the company that reported it is still in biz or not.

I worked for a company that closed it's doors in 1999 and my employment info was still on the last DAC report I pulled in 2006.

Ridge Runner 02-22-2009 07:58 PM

If you dispute an entry that is on your DAC then DAC has 30 days to verify the "incorrect" entry. If the company is out of business then it is unlikely that it will be verified. If the entry is not verified in 30 days they MUST ( by law ) remove the entry. They must also be able to give you the details of the vericfiation ( how, when, by whom.... ect... ) not just say it was verified. This will give you legal recorse in the case of a false entry including money damages if you can show harm ( denied a job because of the entry ).

Orangetxguy 02-22-2009 11:30 PM

Ridge!!! You ole Runner you!! Nice to see you around!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Useless 02-23-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 440033)
If you dispute an entry that is on your DAC then DAC has 30 days to verify the "incorrect" entry. If the company is out of business then it is unlikely that it will be verified. If the entry is not verified in 30 days they MUST ( by law ) remove the entry. They must also be able to give you the details of the vericfiation ( how, when, by whom.... ect... ) not just say it was verified. This will give you legal recorse in the case of a false entry including money damages if you can show harm ( denied a job because of the entry ).

This is sure good news for me!!
Since the company I drove for is now out of business, then if I dispute the information on my DAC report, the drug test that I flunked after being arrested for the drunken rampage that I went on in the company truck that I was driving will be removed from my record!!

:clap: :clap:

BIG JEEP on 44's 02-23-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless (Post 440100)
Since the company I drove for is now out of business, then if I dispute the information on my DAC report, the drug test that I flunked after being arrested for the drunken rampage that I went on in the company truck that I was driving will be removed from my record!!

I thought you were high on Crack ?

Ridge Runner 02-23-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless (Post 440100)

Short answer..... YES!!! The arrest would be verified by the arrest/criminal record. If the drug screen was only done by the company and can't be verified then by law DAC must remove it from your record. Will this "loop-hole" be abused???? I'm sure some will. But it does give the little guy the resources to clear his record if it is wrong.

Ridge Runner 02-23-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 440076)
Ridge!!! You ole Runner you!! Nice to see you around!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Stan!!! It's good to have the moving finished and trying to get back to normal. Now if I can just find the box my underwear is packed in.....:lol: