Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   20/35 for hazmat ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36805-20-35-hazmat.html)

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-15-2009 05:57 PM

20/35 for hazmat ?

I have 20/20 overall 20/25 right eye ,but only 20/40 monocular in my left ,as I'm farsighted in my left ...this is fine without the endorsements of haz or doubles/tripples ,but I think to have them added I need 20/35 minium not 20/40 ...Am I correct ?...I got a prescription yesterday ,but will not get the glasses for a week , which means I think I'm stuck waiting to renew my license for a week ,as I want both these endorsements .

Fredog 01-15-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 434206)
I have 20/20 overall 20/25 right eye ,but only 20/40 monocular in my left ,as I'm farsighted in my left ...this is fine without the endorsements of haz or doubles/tripples ,but I think to have them added I need 20/35 minium not 20/40 ...Am I correct ?...I got a prescription yesterday ,but will not get the glasses for a week , which means I think I'm stuck waiting to renew my license for a week ,as I want both these endorsements .

you are incorrect, there are no stricter requirements for hazmat or double/triple endorsments. you just have to pass the written tests ( and background check for hazmat)
if you want hazmat and havent done the background check yet, it will take more than a week anyway

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-15-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 434212)
you are incorrect, there are no stricter requirements for hazmat or double/triple endorsments. you just have to pass the written tests ( and background check for hazmat)
if you want hazmat and havent done the background check yet, it will take more than a week anyway

I know it takes a few weeks to get the background done ,but I was thinking they retested for vision at 20/35 ,because I got an eye exam in 2005 ,and thought the doc said 20/35 for haz ...oh well then I'll be able run down to DMV tomorrow and get these done .

Skywalker 01-15-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 434223)
I know it takes a few weeks to get the background done ,but I was thinking they retested for vision at 20/35 ,because I got an eye exam in 2005 ,and thought the doc said 20/35 for haz ...oh well then I'll be able run down to DMV tomorrow and get these done .

I have never heard of any "vision requirements" for hazmat.....only for the CDL.... If the doc told you that....he's wandering off in left field.....:block:

Fredog 01-16-2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 434223)

they wont let you take the hazmat test until the background check is done..

jd112488 01-16-2009 04:44 PM

why do you need hazmat and doubles to drive a forklift around the coors plant? is that for them special forklifts that you can move 2 pallets at a time?? but that don't explain the hazmat.

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-16-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd112488 (Post 434369)
why do you need hazmat and doubles to drive a forklift around the coors plant? is that for them special forklifts that you can move 2 pallets at a time?? but that don't explain the hazmat.

Who drives a forklift ?...I do beleive I said I was a yard jockey paid hourly...And I need the endorsements because they open doors should I decide to do something different ,So doubles/tripples ,and an X endorsement are what I want .