Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   No on will hire me !!!!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36459-no-will-hire-me.html)

BigDiesel 12-13-2008 09:22 PM

No on will hire me !!!!!

" I just finished truck driving school and paid $4000.00 for it, and now no one will hire me. The school and the recruiters told me that my DUI that is two years old won't be a problem in getting a job driving the big rigs. This has been my dream since I was a little kid !!! "

:thumbsup:

Hawkjr 12-13-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 428708)
" I just finished truck driving school and paid $4000.00 for it, and now no one will hire me. The school and the recruiters told me that my DUI that is two years old won't be a problem in getting a job driving the big rigs. This has been my dream since I was a little kid !!! "

Did you try swift?? hell Western Express hires murders... try them....

Kevin0915 12-13-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 428711)
Did you try swift?? hell Western Express hires MURDERERS... try them....

there, fixed it for ya.... shhhhh.....dont let some people see you make typos, or they will think you are stooopid.

Jumbo 12-14-2008 02:53 AM

Did you try asking an owner operator for a job? Maybe one who hauls nursery stock and other niche products. I bet they would be ready to give a new recruit like you a job. That DUI thing. Doesn't mean anything.

Scoe 12-14-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Don't worry. Write a nice letter to the jodge and explain how this is an impediment to your future career. Most jodges will show compassion and overlook your youthful indiscretion.

That's what I heard anyhow.

Windwalker 12-14-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoe (Post 428822)
Don't worry. Write a nice letter to the jodge and explain how this is an impediment to your future career. Most jodges will show compassion and overlook your youthful indiscretion.

That's what I heard anyhow.

:lol::lol::lol:Just be sure you know the difference between a "jodge" and a "judge"... It seems most jodges are "softies", where judges may not be....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

belpre122 12-14-2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Shouldn't be a problem Diesel! A couple of DUIs are par for the course in an industry where consumption of alcoholic beverages within the workplace is completely legal and even encouraged. At least according to CAD regulatory, legal and morality expert Golfhobo. Lest we forget Golfhobo's advice to the newcomers on CAD........

"Having alcohol in your truck WHILE OFF DUTY, is not a violation! So, kick back with a SIX in the cooler and watch your movies."~Golfhobo

Nothing like being well informed.

TimberWolf 12-14-2008 01:14 PM

Well Big diesel to use your very own words to others who have spoken about the very same thing...

McDonalds and BK are always hiring.....

Timberwolf

Useless 12-14-2008 01:43 PM

BigDiesel:

I suggest that you contact "The Federal Marshall" and explain to him that a friend spiked the 14 Cokes that you drank in 2 hours time without telling you. The cop that stopped you had no right to violate your civil liberties by requiring you to take a sobriety test, and The Federal Marshall has straightened out more than a few cops and DOT Nazis in his time.

The fact that this is your first DUI, and the fact that the offense will be over ten years old in just another eight years or so shouldn't be a problem. Most trucking companies are very understanding about such unfortunate circumstances.
:booze::booze:

Rat 12-14-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Well it might be tough as alot of companies won't hire someone with a DUI for insurance reasons. It might cause them to have to pay more money to an insurance company.

Another possible reason is that a DUI makes it real tough for a driver to go into Canada if the need should arise. It can be done but you need to get a queens pardon (send them money and they will let you in) or some paperwork from the courts that would allow you into canada (again more money)

I never ever had a DUI in my life or even and open container in a motor vehicle violation but I do know many that have.