Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   9 points on license help (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36158-9-points-license-help.html)

blake1984 11-12-2008 10:11 PM

9 points on license help

i am accepted at a school in arkansas but do to the point system i was just rejected today how can i get the points removed

i have had two tickets since 05 but i paid all of them in 06 is there a way around this

Malaki86 11-12-2008 11:20 PM

Yup - don't break the law. It's really simple to have 0 points against you if you don't do anything wrong. Myself, it's been about 16 years since my last ticket.

blake1984 11-13-2008 12:08 AM

but how old are you my last ticket i was 22 thats it i am 24 now

Jumbo 11-13-2008 12:49 AM

Of course you have been accepted for school. They are going to take your money, give you a CDL but not tell you that when you apply at a company the company is gonna say "we cant hire you because of all these points".

blake1984 11-13-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 422986)
Of course you have been accepted for school. They are going to take your money, give you a CDL but not tell you that when you apply at a company the company is gonna say "we cant hire you because of all these points".

well just like you said no one want me with those points

pamtransport was looking at me until the points came

BigDiesel 11-13-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake1984 (Post 422989)

You may want to look at other career options with such a poor driving record.

repete 11-13-2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake1984 (Post 422989)

the points just came?? Didn't you have any idea that you where doing something wrong? As a driver you have to make alot of deciesions in a split second , and some of those could easly take a life.. you are not ready for that.

sorry about the spelling but Iv'e been up all night

Uturn2001 11-13-2008 08:39 AM

Straighten up and drive right for the next several years until those tickets drop off your license. Simple as that.

You want to drive trucks for a living? There are a thousand more rules governing trucks than there are cars. You need to demonstrate that you can play by the rules in a 2 ton car before anyone is going to allow you behind the wheel of a 40 ton truck.

blake1984 11-13-2008 09:17 AM

i understand what you all are saying but i am not a bad driver i was younger when that happen i was 21 with tickets now i am 24 i have 2 of the tickets comming off in january and the rest in september so i have not had any tickets since well i got two one night driving with out a license and a tag light out but thats it

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-13-2008 10:53 AM

What are tickets for...what is stated violation ? speeding...reckless...careless...?...what is the date you received these tickets month/day/year...?....how many tickets have you had in past 5 years and for what ...

Ponts come off your license every 12 months ...but the convitions stay on your mvr for 7 yrs...big carriers look mostly at the last 3 -5 yrs mostly the last 3 yrs and past 12 month record ...speeding of under 15mph is not going to kill you getting a job ...but reckless/careless will.

blake1984 11-13-2008 11:41 AM

i never had any reackless or careless
first ticket = illegal turn november 2005
second ticket = dec 05 speeding 75 in a 60
third 90 in a 70 january 06
last driving without license sep 07
all of them have been paid

some ppl say my insurance would be high thats why i cant drive for the company cant i just pay for my own insurence and the company could just take it out of my check is that possible

blake1984 11-13-2008 11:43 AM

and i was 21 when all of that shit happened i am 24 now

Rev.Vassago 11-13-2008 12:00 PM

Wow.:eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1:

Colts Fan 11-13-2008 12:20 PM

The two speeding tickets are the killers. In the trucking world, speeding 15mph+ over the speed limit is considered reckless driving. Your chances being accepted by any carrier's insurance company is slim to none. I have never heard of a driver paying for his own insurance unless he owns his own truck.

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-13-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake1984 (Post 423041)

some ppl say my insurance would be high thats why i cant drive for the company cant i just pay for my own insurence and the company could just take it out of my check is that possible

2005- lillegal turn /lane change violations are frowned on...but not death by itself .

2005- speeding 75 in a 60 ...15 mph over ...if MVR reads 75 in a 60 and not 10-19 mph over you are held to saying...15 mph over...anything 15 or more is viewed badly.nn

2006-90mph in a 70 =20 mph over...if it reads 20mph over on MVR you're stuck claimng 20 mph

2007-driving without license...bad ,real bad... espcially if it was due to revocation ,and it's just barely 1yr old...

these infractions are all pretty new and at only 24 you will not be driving...that's ok it's not the high paying job opportunity the general public thinks it is...A warehouse job at 12-15 hr with ...paid overtime...meets or exceeds most big company OTR pay ...I like driving but would rather run as a yard dog by the hour paid for all my time ...My only point to you is that if you are viewing OTR driving as a way to earn big bucks , and are stressing your MVR holding you back from that "BIG" pay day do not ,because it's not the big bucks the general public thinks it is...and certainly not what schools play it up to be...One might wonder why all the EX-OTR drivers left OTR truckings "BIG BUCKS" to come instruct at a cdl mill for $12.00-$15.00 hr ...WINK

dobry4u 11-13-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

The points really have nothing to do with you paying your tickets (fines, costs, and fees). The points system was developed to track your driving record and to indicate what kind of risk you are.

The insurance companies insure the company and you would be their driver so you wouldn't be paying your "own" insurance.

mike3fan 11-13-2008 03:28 PM

If the infractions happened over a 2 year period how can they have only happened when you were 21?

Bottom line 2 tickets over 15+mph and a driving without= no driving job until atleast 3 yrs from the last conviction.

Useless 11-13-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

some ppl say my insurance would be high thats why i cant drive for the company cant i just pay for my insurence and the company could just take it out of my check is that possible

Blake;

Are you by any chance reaated to a guy named "RoadRunner9501" ???

DAYUMM!! With a record like that, you should forget about truck driving, and become a demolition derby driver!!!

:jump::jump:

Uturn2001 11-13-2008 08:39 PM

I don' know of any insurance company that would insure you to drive a truck with your record, even if you owned it, and if by some chance you did find one willing to write a policy you would not have any money left because it would all be used to pay the premiums. Besides that companies don't do that sort of thing for company drivers.

As others have stated you have what amounts to 2 reckless driving convictions. It does not matter if you were convicted or reckless driving or not, that is how it is viewed. I do not know what state you live in, but it is possible for those two convictions to show up on a standard MVR for up to 10+ years. If they do remain on your MVR for longer than the 3 years you believe then it will be most likely be at least 5 years from the date of the last conviction before companies are not going to automatically deep six your applications. Same goes with the driving while suspended. All 3 together are a real killer, and it has more to do with the nature of the violation than the points.

At this point even if your speeding tickets drop off in 2009 you still are dealing with driving while suspended, so you might as well forget about truck driving until 2010 at the earliest at which time get a copy of your MVR and if anything still shows then hang it up until 2012. That is assuming you do not add any more to your record.

TomB985 11-13-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

and i was 21 when all of that shit happened i am 24 now
And what exactly does this have to do with it?

I was 22 when I got my CDL, and I'm 23 now...And I have 0 points!

I think it's a great thing to try and step up and get away from all of that, but unfortunately you're not likely to find a company that will take you. You're considered too much of a risk at this point.

As stated otherwise, waiting is the best plan for now.

And please...PLEEAASSEE. STOP playing the age thing...whether you are 21 or 51...accidents kill. Doesn't matter the age of the occupant of the driver's seat...accept responsibility for your actions and DON'T blame it on being 21.:pissedoff:

liodsoa 09-25-2023 05:53 PM

Start by familiarizing yourself with the school's policies and the specific reasons for denial of admission. Understand the school's point system and how it applies to your situation. Gather all necessary documentation related to your traffic tickets and their payment. This includes copies of fines, receipts for payment, and any correspondence with the court or authorities. As for driver's licenses, they can now be restored online best fake id and may not even take much time. Contact the school's admissions office or the appropriate department to find out the specific reasons for denying admission. Ask for clarification about the point system and how it was applied to your case.