Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Another Swift trainee killed last night...... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36103-another-swift-trainee-killed-last-night.html)

BigDiesel 11-10-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdswans (Post 422462)
. . incompetence of .39 cpm Swift "drivers" . . can't you get anything right?

My bad dawg......:lol:

cdswans 11-10-2008 12:42 AM

Here's a local news clip. They say it was raining hard at the time. It appears to be a three axle trailer which adds a little bit of weight to the equation. The tractor experienced some serious devastation . . quite creepy.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/s...ves/153693.asp

homer 11-10-2008 04:54 AM

[QUOTE=cdswans;422578]Here's a local news clip. They say it was raining hard at the time. It appears to be a three axle trailer which adds a little bit of weight to the equation. The tractor experienced some serious devastation . . quite creepy.

i saw the big burn on the asphalt the next morning.
that fella was right about the torrential rain. earlier that evening i was northbound in the grand mound -tuwater construction zone empty going 50 mph and holding on tight. saw a volvo wagon that hydroplaned off.
next morning at the mill i heard cb talk of dead trainee and guessed which company that would be.
4 inches of rain at shelton airport and 10 inches on sw slopes of olympic mountains.
i still see that lil recruiter rag that says " after 6 months you can be a level 1 mentor and train newer drivers"
yes i have hit deer,a huge black cow, and lots of varmints. i have had evry mishap not requiring a police report since i graduated from the not really swift independent contractor cdl school in 1995. got 1, 4 wheel speed violation and an overweight but wont be online for a protracted battle cuz i got a life

Colin 11-11-2008 04:27 PM

Many posters have noted the trainer was sleeping. The articles posted do not state that, only that he was in the sleeper.

In the sleeper does not equal sleeping.

Yes, the trainer likely should have been in the passenger seat, but this little group does not know if he was asleep.

Rev.Vassago 11-11-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 422814)
Many posters have noted the trainer was sleeping. The articles posted do not state that, only that he was in the sleeper.

In the sleeper does not equal sleeping.

Yes, the trainer likely should have been in the passenger seat, but this little group does not know if he was asleep.

It doesn't matter. The FMCSA regs state he was supposed to be in the passenger seat.

Colin 11-11-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 422818)
It doesn't matter. The FMCSA regs state he was supposed to be in the passenger seat.

No, having the facts straight does matter.

Rev.Vassago 11-11-2008 04:47 PM

So if the trainer was sleeping, does it somehow make it "illegaler" than if he wasn't?

Colin 11-11-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 422821)
So if the trainer was sleeping, does it somehow make it "illegaler" than if he wasn't?

I don't know about that. Haven't thought about it.

In the sleeper does not equal sleeping. Nothing else I want to comment on, really.

boneebone 11-12-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

There are no FMCSA regs that state that the Trainer has to be in the passenger seat when the Trainee is driving.

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-12-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Please post where it says in the regulations that a ...licensed...cdl holder...must have...a trainer sitting in the jump seat for their full time on duty driving...IT DOESN'T .